Saturday, August 27, 2011

Birth of the Baffled

Too much today. TOO freaking much. Let's start with D&L


So today I FINALLY finished Dash & Lily's Book of Dares. Let me just say to begin, I really liked and enjoyed it. I thought that it was a really good book. I liked the overall plot of the book and I thought it was really interesting. There are some things that I didn't like though, and that would be Lily. I didn't really like her in the beginning because she was annoying and too innocent. Then as the book went on she began to grow a bit and embrace the "danger." But then after her little Sexcapade, I felt like she became the same old Lily. I feel like in the end she didn't learn anything from this experience, that the way she originally was was too innocent and the way that she was at the pub was too dangeruous. I don't feel like she found any middle ground in this and therefore I wanted to punch her in the face. Dash, on the other hand, I feel like didn't have that much character development he was pretty much the same way that he was in the beginning as in the end. (Just so you know, these are extremely general opinions and I am probably wrong, this is just the impression that I got from the book.) Also, regarding the way he speaks. Now I do like that witty and clever tongue that a lot of these books have, but there comes a point when it seems unrealistic. I feel like no teenager in the world would be able to come up with all that witty dialogue. But, oh well. Last thing, I felt like a lot of the book lacked structure. Like they didn't plan anything out in the beginning and they just passed the chapters back and forth. It seemed like there was a lot of random things that happened that one author wanted to make into a theme but the other one just ignored. Okay, it may seem like I'm bashing the book a lot, but I did genuinely like it. I love the concept of the Moleskin Notebook and I love how it was executed. I did enjoy it, but Jen definitely enjoyed the book much more than I did.  


Since I finished that, I decided that I am going to start on "The Lost Hero" already since "The Son of Neptune" is coming out in a little bit. I hope to finish it quickly so I can read all of the new books that are coming out in the order that they come out and quickly. 


After that, it was time for Doctor Freaking Who. As you may have known, I have been freaking excited for Doctor Who returning and can I just say that it was NOT a disappointment. Everything about it was SOOO good. I don't want to say too much about it because of spoilers, but it was such a good episode. And such a Moffat episode for that 
matter. Anyway, I am extremely excited for next week.  


Okay, it actually wasn't that much, but still. I will talk about my week tomorrow, I promise!
  
Awkward Moments: 21
Books Read: 17
Why Today Was Awesome: Killing Hitler
Something I Learned: How to NOT order food at KFC
Song Stuck in My Head: "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne


0 comments!:

Post a Comment