Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I Am a Paleontologist

Because I am lazy, too, and unoriginal (especially so, today), and because C&P is screaming for me to finish it off (FINISH IT!) tonight, I will do the same thing that Kendall SHHtole from Ingrid and Luke.

1) What's a nickname only your family calls you?
Sometimes my parents (and sometimes, even aunts and uncles) call me by a childhood nickname. It's not embarrassing, but I'd rather not say it because I like the fact that it's a family thing. 

2) What's a weird habit of yours?
Kendall has to "sleep with [his] pillows in a certain configuration/order"--I kinda do, too, but only sometimes. Um, what's weird habit of mine? I used to bite my nails; I still do sometimes, but not as much. I can't think of anything else...

3) Do you have any weird phobias?
Fetuses. *SHUDDER* Before freshman year, I had to have my sister look at every page of the bio textbook and cover up gross pictures with post-its. I still have to ask one of my siblings to do it again before school starts. A couple of years ago, I was just walking along the aisles between the bookshelves of Borders and I turned a corner and, suddenly, I was in front of the Pregnancy section and BAM! Right smack dab in the middle was this large book with a freakin' picture of a fetus on the cover. I seriously gave a little scream and I ran away as fast as I could with my hand in my mouth. And then there was that one time in freshman year when we had to take a bio quiz about that stuff and, I flip to the next page, and BAM! There it was again. I almost fell out of my seat but I kinda just froze and looked away, shaking. It took all of my willpower not to chuck the whole quiz against the wall.

4) What's a song you secretly love to blast & belt out when you're alone?
A lot of songs. Mostly nerdy songs.

5) What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
I hate it when people write on the first page of their notebooks. I just do; I think it's messy and gahhhh. I also don't like long and unkempt hair. I think hair is a responsibility and if you have it long, you should take care of it, and if you don't wanna deal with it, you should tie it up.  I also hate it when people don't ask for permission to borrow stuff. I used to not like it when people dog-eared books, but I don't mind it so much now. Oh and anything WIDE-RULED should just die. And, of course, incorrect grammar and spelling, especially online. Spoken, I'm more accepting and punctuation is also easier to let slide, but only when I'm feeling nice.

6) What's one of your nervous habits?
I rarely get super nervous, but when I do, I get a weird feeling in my stomach. It's not a butterfly thing. It's more like cramps but not really. 

7) What side of the bed do you sleep on?
I also have a twin bed. I don't have a preference as to which side I sleep on when I'm in my own room, but when I'm at a hotel or somewhere else, then I have to sleep facing the wall (it takes away the homesickness). Sometimes, when I feel like it in my room, I also switch sleeping directions (like, where my head is).

8) What was your first stuffed animal & its name?
First stuffed animal? It's not an animal but I remember my dad coming home one day (before Josh was born) with B1 and B2, the Bananas in Pajamas. But I'm not sure if I got 1 or 2 (Shayne got the other one).

9) What's the drink you always order at Starbucks?
Grande java chip frappuccino with whipped cream, topped with cinnamon. I really like Starbucks' summer specials, so I get those in the summer, like the mocha coconut frappuccino. Several summers ago, they served raspberry mocha frappuccino and it was HEAVENLY. But they just don't wanna bring it back! Oooh, another pet peeve: not mixing the whipped cream into the coffee (if you do get it with the whipped cream).

10) What's the beauty rule you preach, but never actually practice?
When I was younger, I used to do it every night before I sleep: 100 brush strokes through my hair. I used to count, too, but now I just don't. Oh and sunscreen!

11) Which way do you face in the shower?
I dance around a lot in the shower so...

12) Do you have any weird body skills?
 I can crack two joints per finger and one joint per toe.

13) What's your favorite comfort food that's 'bad' but you love to eat it anyways?
Cinnamon buns. Chocolate. Lots of stuff.

14) What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
--"French the Llama!" (I try to, anyway. It will catch on eventually...)
--"Aiyooo..."

15) Time to sleep!! What are you actually wearing?
Blue shorts with white flowers and a green Las Vegas tank top

Today......
I really loved...writing nerdfighter notes to put in John Green's books at Barnes&Noble!
I smiled...when I found a nerdfighter note in the second copy of John Green's An Abundance of Katherines.
Lyrics...nada...
Hours of sleep last night: 5
Hugs: 3

P.S. Josh drew a super awesome picture of me and Kendall and I wanted to show it here, but I don't have the time to do it now. Later on in the week, I promise!



0 comments!:

Post a Comment