Monday, August 8, 2011

Transducers FTW

I know I was supposed to tell you some stories of supernatural stuff and I was gonna tell you about the one and only time that a ghost was believed to have contacted me. I say it like that because I'm still not really sure. It was a cousin's ghost, so it wasn't scary. Just weird and different.


But, anyway, I don't feel like it anymore.


Now that the first week of BEDA is gone, I'm kind of now in the "Okay, I have to do this for three more weeks....so what in the world do I talk about?" stage. Kendall has been nerding out on his side of the island (oh wait, we're on the same side of the island...which isn't really a "side", we're kinda in the center-ish), so I thought, "Hey, let's make this more of a party!"


I've been really into this new show on Syfy called Alphas. And I'm not gonna lie, the whole reason I agreed to watching it was because of Mr. Vincent Nigal Murray! Except now, I think of him as Gary Bell. On a quick side note, my favorite intern/assistant in Bones is and will always be Zack Addy (ZACK!!!!!). Vincent, of course, is a close second, and I hated the fact that he got killed in the show (WHYYYY??? YOU PUT ZACK IN AN INSTITUTION AND THEN YOU TAKE AWAY VINCENT?!?!?!). So, now, I'm really glad that Ryan Cartwright is playing the transducer, Gary Bell, in Alphas. By the way, I took the official Alphas test and I am a proud transducer. That's right. Transducers FTW.


Let me back up here. So Alphas is about this small group of people with "powers"--they can enhance their senses and do all sorts of things because of their special brains. They're called "Alphas" and they all work under Dr. Rosen (who is not an Alpha). They kind of work as a small part of the Department of Defense, looking for and catching other Alphas who are using their powers for evil instead of good. Their trying to bring down this group called Red Flag. Red Flag, it seems, gathers Alphas together and instills in them their radical beliefs about alphas being more superior to normal people. That's the basic gist of it. It's a little bit like X-Men, but not really. It's more awesome?


Yeah, so my favorite character, of course, is Gary Bell. He's the youngest (18) and he's a transducer, which means that he can see all electromagnetic waves and frequencies. He's kind of like a human satellite, but better. Rosen's okay. Nina, I'm guessing, has some dark secret from the past along the lines of her making her boyfriend kill himself or something like that. She gets what she wants because she's got charm-speak. Bill's funny when he's teasing everyone else and he's kinda the big guy who can actually fight. Until Hicks came along, the stereotypical misunderstood character. And then there's Rachel, whose story I think I already know: living with strict parents, has problems being assertive, yeah, it's nothing new (for now). I hope she doesn't die in tonight's episode. I don't think she will.


I've been constantly checking for the 5th episode online but it's not up yet so I might just have to wait until tonight! Problem is, I can't wait.


Okay, I finished 13 Little Blue Envelopes last night. Or actually, well, it was almost 2AM. I'm going to try and do a book review/thoughts/reactions on my other blog soon. It will the first post under the category of "Books I've Read" so there's definitely some pressure to make this good. That is, if I don't feel lazy or anything.


Ciao for now, bellas.


Today......
I really loved...bowl of grapes?
I smiled because of...Doctor Donna!
Lyrics playing at this very moment as I type this portion of the blog:
None. I hear the wind and leaves rustling outside.
Hours of sleep last night: Despite going to bed at around 2, I still managed to sleep for 6 hours.


--Jen

0 comments!:

Post a Comment