Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's Just Not in the Cards, Jen!

Day 12!


If you were here right next to me as I type this blog post, you would probably look at me and say, "Jen, what in the world is that creepy noise coming from your computer?!?!?!"


It kind of sounds like tiny little pebbles tumbling down on concrete, one after another. Except it's louder.


I would look at you and answer, "That, my friend, is the sound of the Earth breathing."


And it really is. Here, check it out. This website is my homepage whenever I open up Safari (I have a different homepage for Internet Explorer, but that's for another post). Sometimes, I just sit here on my desk and stare at the computer screen, listening to world breathe. Just go to the upper left corner and click on the question mark to read about how it all works. When I first found out about it (thanks to Hank Green), I was in awe. Still am whenever I watch this. Somehow, it makes the world smaller to me, simpler. But it's not small, and the world isn't simple. Which is exactly what makes this awesome to me.


Speaking of awesome, I really liked today's post on 100awesomethings.com: Car dancing! When my sister, my brother and I are all in the backseat of our Pilot, and the right song comes on the radio, there is really nothing in the world like singing at the top of our lungs and dancing in the car while our parents smile and roll their eyes from the front. Probably something that's more awesome than our synchronized movements and off-key singing? The fact that our parents don't turn around and shush us. I love my family.


Anyway, I have a bunch to do tonight. I literally won't sleep. I have an aff case waiting to be finalized and evidence cards to read. I have a test to study for, a lab to finish, and a homework set to do, all for Physics. I have court cases waiting to be analyzed and studied in preparation for an APUSH quiz/test/quest tomorrow. Then I have four poems to read and annotate and a paper (final draft) due on Thursday for Brit Lit, two days' worth of homework for Precalc and a big prueba to study for in Spanish. Expect to see a number less than three after Hours of sleep last night tomorrow.


Here we go.................it's gonna be a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong night.


Today......
I really loved...having pancit from home for lunch.
I smiled because...Kendall remembered to remind me not to get links BEFORE I ordered breakfast.
Lyrics playing at this very moment as I type this portion of the blog: 
"...It finally happened. I'm slightly mad...."
(I'm Going Slightly Mad by Queen)
Times it got COLD today: 3 or 4
Times it got HOT today: 1 (it was TERRIBLE!)
Hours of sleep last night: 4 hours, 20 minutes
Friend of the day: Winney


--Jen :)

0 comments!:

Post a Comment