Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day Three: Christmas!!!

Wow! Jen's post yesterday = epic win! Like, as epic as epic can get. Not only was it an awesome mystery that she had solve, but it led to something awesome. Think of the odds of that, first of all that there was that extra line at the end of the song. That seems like something completely random, but the best part of it, was that that specific line, that line that stood out for some reason, was important. That line meant so much, and how it could mean so much to Jen. I don't know, to me that just seems like something amazing. 


Anyway, today's object is this note that I got from Jen two Christmas(es) ago. (Also, ignore the pants in the background...) So every Christmas (I think?) Jen does something cool as a mass gift, you know the type that you give out to everyone. Well, that year, Jen made a playlist of Christmas songs that were accompanied by candy. And you can see to the left here, what songs went with which candies. The thing that I really liked about this was the pure creativeness of this idea because it isn't that original to give out candy for Christmas, but to make them relate to Christmas through songs? Genius. Especially for Jen, since she loves Christmas carols. 


Also, I guess what this note represents was that entire Christmas in general, and other things I got from my friends that year, such as a stapler, a thong, a little spider toy, ad other things that I can't remember at the moment. 


That's what a lot of the things in my Memory Box are, little notes or objects that represent things that are a lot bigger. Things like friendships, emotions, periods of my life, or just good times had. That's why I like the idea of a Memory Box, it does so much more than just show me the past, it allows me to feel it. And, as always, that sounded way better in my head. 


Awkward Moments: 16
Pages Read: 479
Why Today Was Awesome: The moon. It's pretty cool.
Something I Learned: Boots are not bottles.
Song Stuck in My Head: The Call by Regina Spektor (It's SOOO good.)



0 comments!:

Post a Comment