Sunday, April 24, 2011

Day Seven: Self-Proclaimed Scavenger Hunt!!!

So I saved the most exciting item for last. Here it is: 




Yup, it makes no sense. I'll begin with some backstory. A few years ago, when I was bored, I thought that it would be cool to make this little scavenger hunt that would lead to a "treasure" for people to find when I die, or to hold money, or to just do something fun. The thing about it was that I tried to make it hard. Too hard. It makes no sense. I have a faint idea of where it leads to, but not that great. 


So today, I looked at this paper and this was the easiest puzzle to figure out. Those three symbols basically say "MTH" which stands for Magic Tree House. So I then walked over to my bookshelf and sat down in front of my Magic Tree House collection. I looked at it for a second and then soon realized that I had no idea what I was looking for and in what book I was looking for it. I eventually spent 30 minutes looking through every book, trying to find some indication that I had hid something there. Then, finally I found something in book 20, Dingoes at Dinnertime. At this point, I am still unsure as to why it was hidden here. 


I knew that this next clue led to a calendar in some way, but I couldn't quite remember the specifics. In the table of contents of the book, in pencil was written "Ana/tap/far/I/lol" (with the slashes meaning line breaks). I had no clue what this meant, so I went on to find four numbers in the book that were circled and they had another number written next to them. For example, a 0 had a 3 next to it, and a 6 to a 4, 0 to a 2, and 2 to a 1. I really had to stare at this for awhile, but it was extremely satisfying when I figured it out. All the last letters of each line of that phrase I had written, spelt out "April". And the numbers that I wrote said the order in which the circled numbers were supposed to be. So 2 first, then 0, then 0, then 6. 2006. APRIL 2006!!!! I ran to my Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire 2006 calendar and ripped it open to the April page. 


There it said "The feet are too small." This is where it gets confusing. I have no idea where this exactly is supposed to point. If I had not made the scavenger hunt, and I was doing it for the first time, I would have been stuck, but luckily I remembered that the prize was hidden in the sole of a pair of shoes that I have in my closet. What was the prize you ask? A ripped up piece of paper that says "Congrats =]" I know! Lame, right!


Well we cannot have this! I then spent the next three hours redoing and improving the scavenger hunt. I would tell you about it here, but it's a surprise so in three years, remind me to tell you okay? It was fun to make and I'm glad I did it. 


Awkward Moments: 19
Pages Read: 479
Why Today Was Awesome: I did some spring cleaning on my computer. 
Something I Learned: I'm not very creative when it comes to scavenger hunts. 
Song Stuck in My Head: The Calendar by Panic! at the Disco

0 comments!:

Post a Comment