Friday, August 6, 2010

Weird Telephone Conversation

Kendall, your video was AWESOME. Except for the gara-garas on your clone there that totally gave away the fact that it was fake. But other than that, it was AWESOME. I could never make anything like that and you know it, so goood one! How did you do that anyway? Oh, and side note #1: From what I could see, your bathroom is preeeettttyyyyy.

Okay, I promised you guys a story/flashback thing froma couple of posts ago but I'm not exactly in an all-out writing mood today. To tell you the truth, the flashback is just basically a telephone call from when I was in elementary school...maybe first grade. So here's a script-type thing that you know I like to do now and then. Except this one won't be as crazy.

Setting: Where I grew up as a child in Philippines
Approx. Time: Around 7 or 7:30-ish pm on a school night
(Note: This was all in Filipino)

Telephone: Riiing! Riiing!
Me: Hello?
Guy Friend: Hi Jen!
Me: Hi...
GF: So....um. Here's my mom.
Me: *confused* What?
Guy Friend's Mom: Hello?
Me: Hello.
GFM: Hi Jen.
Me: *automatic very polite voice and manner* Hi Auntie.
(My mom on side: *whisper* Who is it?)
(Me on side: *whisper, still confused* It's [insert guy friend's name here] and his mom.)
GFM: What are you doing?
Me: We just finished eating dinner, Auntie. I'm helping to clean up the table.
GFM: Oh that's good. Did you do all of your homework.
Me: Yes, Auntie. I finished it when we got home.
GFM: Wow, that's good. When do you go to sleep?
Me: Pretty soon, Auntie. I go to sleep at 8.
GFM: Wow, that's really good. Every night?
Me: No, only on school nights, Auntie.
GFM: Oh, wow, ok, that's good then. Here's [insert guy friend's name here].
GF: Hi.
Me: Hi. *still confused*
GF: Ok, see you tomorrow.
Me: Ok.
GF: Ok, bye.
Me: Bye.
End telephone conversation.

For some reason, I remembered this so suddenly a couple of days ago while I was typing about naps in the afternoon and it made me smile so I thought about sharing it with you. It probably doesn't have much importance but it's one of the few memories I have from when I was little. To this day, this telephone conversation still baffles me.

So it's Friday morning and I feel like I should DO things. I feel like I wanna go to sleep tonight knowing that I accomplished some things. So this will only be a short one so I can get started on those things.

And here's something random with which to end this post:

Today's List - THINGS ON MY DESK RIGHT NOW (only the top level):
Laptop
My arsenal (to you guys, it's a pencil case)
iPod dock remote
Planner/notebook
Scientific calculator
Graphing calculator
Post-its
Clutch purse/handbag
Rubber bands for my hair
Staplers
Dove
Various notepads
Bubbles
Scissors
Amazingness and Awesomeness (two PaperPro staplers!)
Ortho rubber bands
Telephone
Two penguins
Rubber cement
Glue stick
Erasers
Sharpies
Pens
Pencils
White-out
Beady kid-made necklace
This small thing with drawers
Another small thing with drawers AND a mirror
Yarn
Smiley face sticker
Bookmarks from Guam
Geometer
Tigger folder
Clipboard with paper
Airman Leadership School Volume 1 book
Suckish Samsung phone
Mini DV tapes
Paperclips
Ruler/Hole puncher (all in one!)
Laptop cover
Hairbrush

And that's it. Yes, I'm lame. But here are some pics that I found lurking in my computer that I hope are not.


I wanna go to South Africa one day. :)

--Fruity

0 comments!:

Post a Comment