Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day Twenty-Three: Smiley Texts and Citrusy Tea

Two gifts today! Kinda.


Gift #1: I was in Mrs. M's room for speech practice after school but Dr. Won dropped by to say hi to her so I had to wait a bit. It wasn't awkward, and I wasn't trying to listen to their conversation or anything (I was actually texting) but it was just really clear to me that they have been very good friends for a very long time. They were joking around and laughing and teasing each other and their friendship just welled up inside me. So I sent a text to one of my good friends, Elvis (yes, that is his real name). He's a year older than me so he goes to college now but I met him through my sister back when we all used to go to the same middle school. Anyway, when I met him, we instantly "adopted" each other--that's how we became "siblings." It's been a while since we've talked or hung out because of my schedule and he's either working or studying so I sent him a text wishing him a wonderful rest of the day and reminding him to smile.


Gift #2: My mom, my dad, and I are all pretty sick--headaches, fevers, runny nose, some coughing. I made orange-flavored tea after dinner with lemon juice. It was warm and good and citrus-y. Mmmmmmm.....


On another note, I feel very bad that I didn't go to Big Bro/Big Sis today at Ala Wai because of speech practice. Josh told me that Kei was really sad. I miss him! I will bring him a snack next week to make up for my absences. :(



Risks taken: 15 
Hugs: 1
Current food cravings/obsessions: more tea
Playlist(s) of the Week: "Like An N, But Not Really"

0 comments!:

Post a Comment