Friday, February 10, 2012

Day Ten: Parenthood Adventures!


HY! Short post will be short. It is late, and I must get up early tomorrow.

So today, to be quite honest, I don't think that I gave that good of a gift, if it was even a gift at all. After school, I went to a wrestling tournament, like every Friday and Saturday, with my friends Sid and Robi. We are wrestling managers and we are there all the time to basically just help out. Sid is one of my close friends in my grade, and Robi is two years younger than us. 

So at one point before the tournament started, Robi and I were waiting at one of the tables while Sid was off helping with weigh-ins. Robi said that she was hungry and I said, "Okay, let's go get food. No, I don't have money. That's fine, we can use Sid's."

The gift in here was really going to get food with her, it's more that I look after her and the other younger managers in a parental sense. For example, when I saw Alli last week at the soccer game, I asked her "Where is the rest of her shirt?" and then when she tried to leave some of her trash behind, I made her come back and clean it up. Whether they like it or not, I naturally take a form of a leadership position while at wrestling tournaments, and this can translate into me looking over the other managers (except Sid, of course). Like I said, it wasn't really a gift, but it was something that I am happy about. 

Books Read: 2
Why Today Was Awesome: Good Discussions
Today's Gift: Being a Role Model/Parent
Song Stuck in My Head: "Forget and Not Slow Down" by Relient K

0 comments!:

Post a Comment