Monday, February 27, 2012

Day Twenty-Seven: Positive Energy/Zapper Letters

Today, for my official gift, I wrote out six short letters of warmth. Each one said (more or less):


Dear You,
I want you to know that you are amazing. You are beautiful. You matter in this world. And you deserve so much. But if things don't go the way you want them to, chin up--if you don't, you might miss out on the good things that are sure to follow. Keep going, okay? SMILE.
Love,
Someone Who Cares


Then, I placed them in separate envelopes and sent them to each of the Upper School counselors--one for each grade from 7th through 12th grade. I included a post-it inside each envelope, addressed to the counselors. In the post-it, I asked the counselor for a small favor: to pass the letter of warmth along to someone in their respective grade who, they think, could really use a pick-me-up. At first, I wanted to deliver them myself--to people I've seen around school who I thought could use a good reason to smile. But I didn't trust myself enough to know exactly who would need it or appreciate it the most, so I decided to let the counselors decide. I mean, they do know their respective grades the best.


Although this one was my official gift, I think I really did a good job of giving today. It's weird, but I noticed that I'm more aware of moments when I can give to others when I'm feeling down--as if I feed off of the positive energy of giving in order to keep me going when times are tough. So, today, Ayami came in the SAO during Period 6 and asked if she could talk to me. I gave her some advice about a problem she had and about sophomore banquet. Cole didn't want to walk all the way to the Lower School library to deliver a note, so I delivered it instead. Tiffany needed covered shoes to get in the Hawaii Theater for musical rehearsal, so when she asked me if we could trade after school, I willingly took my shoes and socks off and wore her sandals home today.


Risks taken: 15 

Hugs:  1
Current food cravings/obsessions: water
Playlist(s) on Repeat: "LIFE IS S***"

0 comments!:

Post a Comment