Monday, February 27, 2012

Day Twenty-Seven: Tiger Adventures!


HI!

Today's gift was another simple one. While looking through the deep recesses of my closet, I found my hidden stash of stuffed animals. In the mix, I found a white stripped tiger stuffed animal, which just so happens to be my friend Rachel's favorite. Therefore, I brought it to school and surprised her with it. I'm glad that she enjoyed it.

While I won't consider this to be my gift, I was so inspired by Jen sending tumblr people messages, I decided to do the same to the people that I truly admired on tumblr. I have to say that it felt good to let the people who I follow and respect know that I respect them. 

As a short reflection of this experience, Mr. U keeps saying that by giving to my friends, I'm staying within my comfort zone. And while I agree with that, I don't think that giving to random people is out of my comfort zone. Giving is something that's really easy for me, and to give to someone who I don't know isn't really that hard for me to do mentally. The reason why I haven't been doing it at all is because it requires a lot more creativity and effort on my part, which is something that's kind of hard if I'm doing this every day, while giving to people I know is easy for me to do in a shorter amount of time. The main thing that I like about doing this 29 gifts thing is the fact that I am able to make people just a little bit happier, which I can do by giving to my friends or to people I don't know. I have nothing against giving to strangers and it's not something that I'm afraid to do, it just requires more effort which I don't really have. (Mr. U, if you read this before I explain it to you, that's probably because I just reasoned it out in my head just now, but hopefully I will talk to you about it tomorrow.) 

Books Read: 3 
Why Today Was Awesome: 
Today's Gift: Tiger to Rachel
Song Stuck in My Head: "When You Believe" 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment