Friday, February 10, 2012

Day Ten: Message?

Sorry, another quick one today! It's a Friday and I'm excited because I actually get to sleep way before midnight tonight. YESSSSSSSSSSS. MUCH NEEDED SLEEP FTW.

Okay, today's gift was...well, I don't know what it's called. I photocopied a page of book reviews from a magazine. Then, I blacked out most of the words with a black marker and highlighted specific words in the whole page so that if you read them in order, a message that's completely different from the page's topic jumps out in front of you. I will now attempt to remember it and write it down here:
"The best award of high school is knowing that achievement is real but your eyes explore the human heart and turn the human mind. The lesson in living is constant respect for knowledge if proof of fun begins as the energy of [Gah! I forgot the last word that I highlighted--I think it was either 'silliness,' or maybe 'chaos,' or was it 'disorder'? I can't remember...]

Spencer, the boy who received the gift of listening from me a couple of days ago (click here for the blog), actually helped out a lot with the last sentence. We wrote a little post-it for Mr. U and left the "message" on his keyboard. I thought it was cool and I had heard people doing that with, like, actual pages in books, or even poetry, but this was the first time I tried something like that so it was cool. I was surprised that we managed to put together something coherent and, maybe, somewhat profound. 

I've been noticing (and you probably have, too, if you regularly read my blog posts) that I tend to give gifts that are spontaneous and very simple. I think, so far, I have only given only one or two gifts that I actually got and wrapped and everything so that it can be considered a "prepped" gift. Is that a bad or good thing? I initially planned to find a balance between tangible and intangible gifts, and between prepared and spontaneous gift-giving, but I seem to be leaning toward spontaneous intangible gifts....Hmmm....

Risks taken: 15 (bubble drinks today.......)
Hugs: 2
Current food cravings/obsessions: water (again)...and something to munch on...like peanuts.
Playlist(s) of the Week: "Almost Seven Months...and Still Counting..."
 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment