Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day Twelve: Snail Mail

It's crunch time for me so my posts are gonna be really short from now on, until the mad dash to the end of third quarter is over. I even blocked Facebook, Tumblr, and YouTube on my computer--until the end of the month at the earliest! Gotta stay strong and resist the urge to take off that block. Third quarter's always the most stressful, so HERE WE GO.

Today's gift was very simple. I wrote a letter to one of my awesome friends in the mainland. I'm talking legit, handwritten, lined paper kind of letter. I didn't go so far as to write it in cursive because, trust me, my cursive is fine, but it's nowhere near pretty. But I did use my prettyfullest handwriting!

Anyway, my friend from middle school lives in Texas now. She moved in the middle of 7th grade. We often text or Facebook each other but, still, people rarely ever use snail mail now so I thought it would be awesome for her to come home one day to find a handwritten letter from a friend all the way from Hawaii. I still miss her terribly and whenever I talk to her, I spend half the time begging her to come and visit. 

In my letter, I just reminisced about our crazy middle school days and the fun times we had writing in a series of notebooks that we passed around between us girls. We called the notebooks "P-Squared", or "Powell Project," because we all had Mr. Powell for math in 7th grade and we started writing messages, drawing pictures and talking to each other through these notebooks while we were in math class. I think she has one of the notebooks with her, I'm not sure, but I have most of them with me. So I thought it would be nice to enclose a couple of pages that I unearthed from my memory box. I hope she enjoys them!

Risks taken: 15 
Hugs: 1
Current food cravings/obsessions: Portuguese bean soup
Playlist(s) of the Week: "Adorbs!"

0 comments!:

Post a Comment