Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day Seventeen: Signs Are Great


I'm a rebel for not posting yesterday. Yeahhhh, no. Not really.

Okay, so Friday went down like this:

Freak out about the Calc test. 
Frantically try to do and understand math homework.
Go to other classes (and worry about upcoming math test there).
Eat lunch.
HYPERVENTILATE FOR THE WHOLE PERIOD BEFORE MATH TEST.
Take math test.
Cry.
MAKE SIGNS!

So, yes, most of Friday was suckish because of math. Math is the only subject/class in which I literally cry when I don't know the answers. I can deal with it in other projects 'cause I know I'll get it eventually but in calculus, it's like, if you don't know this now, you're screwed for the upcoming concepts. And it's not my strongest subject. Kendall laughs at my math deficiencies all the time. Psh, just because he's in the Honors track, that boy...

BUT! I gave a gift that made it all better! The debate tournament that our school hosts every year started on Friday after school. I made a sign that said "WELCOME Speech & Debaters to the 'Iolani State-Q Debate Tournament” and then taped it up against the wall of Senior Benches. Before, Ashlyn (who graduated) used to make signs all the time. But in the past couple of years, we haven’t had one so I offered to make a simple one this year.

After helping out for a bit after school to set up and start off the tournament (which was pretty tiring), I went to the Stage Bands concert because Josh was performing. I’m a big fan of our school’s Stage Bands, especially Stage Band 3. They were all amazing. I mean, they’re always amazing, but this concert was pretty up there. Students did slam poetry and rap and the solos were all good. I can only wish I had at the very least a fraction of their talent.

I got home pretty late and I still had to work on my speeches for the following day so I stayed up late working and didn’t get a chance to blog. But here it is!

I’m off to write today’s post…

0 comments!:

Post a Comment