Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day Nine: Boom Chika Boom Boom

Quick one!


Today, I walked into the Student Activities Office to talk to Mr. U during one of my free periods and I saw that there was a small group of ninth-grade girls in there trying to play Boom Chika Boom Boom (If you do not know what it is, you have not LIVED! Click here to see a video of this amazingly fun dance game!). Now, I say they were "trying" because they were all really shy and there weren't very many participants--most of the other freshmen inside the room were just sitting around and watching. Now, this is clearly NOT the way to play BCBB because the shared embarrassment is half the fun!


So I immediately asked if I could join them and they enthusiastically welcomed me into the circle and we proceeded to play and dance. With a little coaxing and my showing them by example that even I, the way-older senior, was willing to be crazy and do the most embarrassing moves, the girls eventually opened up and, next thing you know, we're all laughing at each other and dancing and just having a really good time. A couple of the onlookers even joined in. We played multiple rounds until the bell rang, signaling the end of the period.


That was my gift today: a silly game with some freshmen, an opportunity to be crazy, laughter, and, of course, the chance for them to show off their sick dance moves!


Okay, now I have to go write my lab report. Then do other homework on top of that. Oh boy, here we go!


Risks taken: 14
Hugs: 3
Current food cravings/obsessions: WATER (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Playlist(s) of the Week: Swedish hip-hop...........what is this life?!

0 comments!:

Post a Comment