Monday, February 20, 2012

Day Twenty: Happiness in Crunchy Ice Cream

Another short one, sorry! I'm still working on the Am Leg speeches...


All right, so, at around 4:30ish PM, my mom asks me to take a break from typing. I had been on the computer all day and I was getting pretty tired so I was thankful for the chance to get a way for a bit and go downstairs. My parents told me and my brother to have a snack and get a drink and stuff. So when we got there, we were like, "What can we eat?" And my mom said, "There's ice cream, if you want." (Yep, we're the kind of family who has ice cream in the fridge AT ALL TIMES--just in case, you know, we need to drown our sorrows and diets and exercise routines in creamy sugary goodness.)


There are times when I am extremely hungry and I would just eat some sort of snack just the way it is. But there are times when I don't feel the need to rush my food so I get this urge to do something simple and quick just so that I can say that I'm not eating the snack the way it's generally supposed to be eaten. It doesn't have to be fancy or anything--i.e., instead of eating a simple apple, I can cut it into nice slices and eat each one with a dollop of peanut butter (which is pretty normal).


Today was one of those days. So I put some cereal (specifically, some Kellogg's Special K with the strawberries and some Frosted Flakes, combined) in a plastic bag and proceeded to crush them into tinier little pieces with a spoon. After the cereal-smashing was over, I took out the Blue Bunny and got these square-ish bowls perfect for ice cream serving. I packed the bowls down with cookies and cream ice cream, then I made a thick layer of cereal crust on top of each one, spreading out the pieces evenly on top so that it completely covered the black and white sinful thing of deliciousness inside. And, voila, your not-so-normal-ice-cream is ready to eat, simply because of that cereal crust. My parents always roll their eyes, shake their heads and ask me, "Why can't you be normal?" whenever I bake/cook/do stuff in the kitchen, but whatever. They enjoyed their ice cream. My dad even asked me for seconds--and that's saying a lot because my dad doesn't usually indulge in junk food!


So that was my gift today, I made a quick snack for my mom and my dad and my little brother. (You should try it. Right now. Go and add some sort of tiny crunch to ice cream. Not nuts, those are too big. They have to be tiny. Like rice krispies or smashed up cereal. So good...)


[8:30pm add-on]: FRENCH THE LLAMA WE JUST GOT 2 VIEWS FROM EGYPT!!!! THAT'S IN AFRICA!!! OH MY GOD, I'M SO EXCITED, I'M SUCH A NERD!!!! WE'VE HIT ALL POSSIBLE CONTINENTS!!!!!!! HUZZAH!!!!!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! THANK YOU EGYPT!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Risks taken: 15 
Hugs: 0
Current food cravings/obsessions: rice and chili...specifically, that of Nick's parents because OMG I DIDN'T GET TO TASTE IT I HAD TO LEAVE GAH WHAT IS THIS LIFE I SAID I WAS GONNA EAT SOME ASDFGHJKL;' BUT I DIDN'T AND NOW I AM SAD
Playlist(s) of the Week: "Like An N, But Not Really"

0 comments!:

Post a Comment