Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Static In My Socks

Hey guys!

So today, I did something kind of interesting, I helped Rebecca move into her dorm. We wanted to do this for a couple of reasons: 1) Rebecca's parents weren't going to help her because they had work 2) she is going to start sleeping there tonight and 3) she is really unenthusiastic about going to UH and sad that we are leaving her, so we wanted to be there for her so she doesn't go on a crazy anger rage across the island. 

And I can understand why she (or anyone else who is going to UH, such as Jen(!)) would be upset or unenthusiastic about something like this. I mean, you're still going to be here while most of your classmates are off having new adventures on the mainland and the fact that it's just UH. But honestly, at this point, there is no point in being sad about it. My one piece of advice that I have for this situation is the same thing that I said to the incoming 9th graders yesterday: EMBRACE THE CHALLENGE. And while the challenge in this situation may not be the school work, but more the entity that is going to a school that you may not want to go to, there is no reason why you can't grab it by the horns and make it your own. As bad as any situation may be, isn't it only as bad as you make it? 

And I know that I'm not one to talk seeing as I'm not in this same situation, but it just sucks to see people who aren't happy or excited to move on to this new phase in our lives. All of us are going through a change and it just be just as awesome for everyone.

Okay, sorry about that word vomit and all. I think that my zappy attitude from yesterday has lingered over to today. Okay, I am off to copy an extremely important file to a flashdrive. Wish me luck!

Books Read: 10
Free Meals: 30 
Why Today Was Awesome: Being an acting father!
Song Stuck in My Head: "Trouble" by Chris Rene 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment