Friday, August 10, 2012

BEDA 10: Six Bucks for Rice

Hello y'all! I just got back home from my "second" job (for now) at UH. It was good. The people are really nice and welcoming. I can tell that they all take care of each other. We had a little snack break in the afternoon because one of the ladies brought ice cream and different kinds of soda just because it's Friday. Fanta Orange and vanilla ice cream tastes kinda like a creamsicle (if you "close your eyes and imagine"), Sprite and vanilla ice cream tastes very vanilla because the Sprite elevates the flavor, and the Coke and vanilla ice cream is, to me, still the best. It's a classic! Anyway, it's super chill compared to what I do in 'Iolani right now but only because I'm still new and don't really have experience in everything that goes on around the office yet. And also because it will get way busier later on when admission time really comes around. The student assistants help out with everything but we all specialize in one thing--I think I'll be working on the scanning/digitizing project that the office is going to start this fall. I think. Either way, it'll be fun! I also got a lot of helpful tips and advice from the older students who are working there (there are only three, the majority of us are just freshmen). They took me to the Campus Center for lunch, the Bookstore, went with me to get my ID validated and to get my U-Pass, etc. All the student workers are either in Business or Education, only one other guy and I are Poli Sci majors. Sups excited!

Ok, I'm going home this weekend and I will basically be packing up all of my things for move-in day next week. But this also means that I won't have Internet access. So....Kendall, could you please post my pre-made posts? Pleasepleasepleaseplease? Thanks mucho man.

Off to write the posts that you guys'll read later on this weekend!

Risks: 24
Hugs: 0
Current food obsessions/cravings: Cheetos (crunchy)
Playlists on Repeat:
Books Read Since Graduation: 5 (The book I'm reading now, I don't know if it's just me, but it's so cringe-worthy not because it's badly written but because it's so...cheesy...)


0 comments!:

Post a Comment