Saturday, August 25, 2012

BEDA 25: Ugh Orihime............................

I walked all the way from a little bit past Iwilei Costco to the Hawaii State Library today. Wow. And I wasn't even tired.

Why? Well after spending almost four hours straight calling registered voters, I decided to call it a day and grab a bite at Costco before catching the bus home. The problem was that I had a tall paper cup of soda in one hand (not to mention a Polish dog and some berry smoothie in my backpack) and being the law-abiding citizen that I try to be, I knew I wouldn't be allowed to board any form of public transportation. So I walked while I sipped on my cup of raspberry brisk iced tea, thinking that I'll just stop at the nearest bus stop once I finish my drink. But I continued walking even after I finished all of my tea. And at that point, I was already well in the middle of Chinatown so I was like, "Ahh, what the heck, keep walking." So I did. I would have walked all the way back to the apartment had my dad and Josh not called to tell me to get on the next bus because they were waiting for me to eat dinner. I couldn't very well keep them away from food so got on the next bus I did. And then we ate dinner. We had Filipino vegetables. I never thought I'd say this, but I really missed vegetables. I mean, ok, yes, they have vegetables in the cafeterias but they roast them. They don't cook vegetables like Filipinos do...like in a gooey and soupy stew. Plus, besides the roasted carrots and peppers, all they really have is boring salad stuff. Which is good, I guess, but I prefer to eat my mom's Filipino veggie stews. Yay for veggies man!

Okay, more about volunteering today. I was phone banking which means I called about 600 registered voters today. Granted, about half of them were not home because they weren't home. Some flat-out refused to talk to me. But I really appreciated the enthusiastic and polite ones. Anyway, it was REALLY fun. But it's the kind of thing that I believe only a Jen would deem fun and worthwhile. I'm excited to get more involved.

Anyway, Kendall's at the Leadership sleepover tonight, I believe! I'm excited to hear about what happened!

Risks: 25 
Hugs: 2
Current food obsessions/cravings: none
Playlists on Repeat: A Puppy Named GIGGLES!
Books Read Since Graduation: 6

0 comments!:

Post a Comment