Monday, August 27, 2012

BEDA 27: A Whole Lot of Missing

I miss people.

Missing people is just one of those things that we should revel more in. (Forgive the preposition.) Like sadness and solitude. And pain, sometimes, in small doses. Missing people is proof that what once was really mattered and that the people you miss still and always will matter as long as you miss them. Nostalgia demands to be felt, much like pain, because pain, also, is one of those things that prove to you that, yes, it was real, even if it was for just a little bit. And both pain and missing people both remind you that THIS is still just as real as what once was.

So I miss the people who have left. I miss Kirsten to whom I haven't spoken in a while since she left for college last week. I miss Winney who just made her way over to Boston this weekend. I miss Aid who just landed in Boston this morning. I miss Jaime even if we group FaceTimed just a little bit a while ago. I miss Tiare, and Bobbi, and Tiff, who all left on the same day. I miss BChen. I miss Zach. I miss Evan. I miss Siena and Guthrie who are both at Georgetown right now. I miss Max. I miss Dylan. I miss Li'i. I miss Kelsey with a K.

And I miss the people who haven't even left yet. I miss Kendall. I miss Gavin. I miss Kato Fish. 

I even miss the people who are here. I miss Yun Ji Bah (and Micah, of course!) because I don't even see her around campus. I miss Tania whom I haven't seen since LJ's grad party and Rachel whom I haven't seen since Project Grad. 

I miss my mom and dad and Shayne. I miss Josh!

And I miss 'Iolani.

Risks: 25 
Hugs: 1 group hug
Current food obsessions/cravings: none
Playlists on Repeat: THIS, 2805 Miles
Books Read Since Graduation: 6 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment