Friday, April 27, 2012

Letter To Myself

Oh Universe, why on Earth are you so silly???


After reading Jen's blog post, it got me thinking about the future and the now, once again, but then what really hit it over the top was how one of my newer favorite YouTubers posted a video about this theme. Her name is emilythebravee and she is awesome and you should check her out. Today, she posted a video in response to a video that she posted exactly one year ago today, which was a letter to herself. She is currently a freshman in college, so when she wrote herself the letter, she was a senior, just like I am now. So I thought, since it seemed really interesting for her to compare how her life has changed in one year, I should do the same, right? Right.


Dear Kendall (April 27, 2013),


So right now, I'm in kind of a strange place. What I feel like is that my world is reaching its series finale. Everything is culminating. With Graduation in five weeks, all my classes are cray right now, and I have more extra stuff then ever. Everything is building up for that climactic ending. The thing is though, my life has to go on. So once this series is done, the next one will begin, only then, we will have a new setting, new plot, and new set of characters (other than me of course). It will be like going from The Suite Life of Zach and Cody to The Suite Life on Deck. Or from Rugrats to All Grown Up. 


As exciting as this all is, I can't help but feel so sad and nostalgic. After these few weeks, my life will CHANGE. Never again will I be around all these amazing people as often. Ties will break. Experiences will be lost. And all that will remain are memories. And I wish that there could be more than that. 


Nevertheless, life, as always, must go on. New ties must be formed. New experiences must be had. And new memories must be made. I am excited for the future to come, and I truly do wish myself, and all my friends the best in what they do. 


And while all these things will change, there are some things that I wish to ask of you to not lose or forget:
-Your current friends. (Remember the song! "Make new friends, but keep the old, some are silver and the other gold!")
-Nerdfighteria
-Your addiction to Tumblr
-This Blog
-Your morality, caringness for life, and motivation for everything
-Your passion for staplers
-Your addiction to so many amazing fandoms
-Your amazingly good looks


And though I do ask you to keep all this true, please don't be afraid to grow and change. I hope that you can look back at this and smile. You will probably think about how stupid I am now, which is probably true, but I hope that this letter will at least help you to remember what was once had. And as they say in John's Hometown: Don't Forget To Be Awesome.


Love, 
Kerms (April 27, 2012)


Books Read: 7 
Why Today Was Awesome: MEGAPHONE!!!!!
Song Stuck in My Head: 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment