Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Day 17: The Next Ghost Will Be Completely Naked

Okay, yesterday's post was completely depressing, right? RIGHT. What is up with that INTERROBANG (sorry, no actual interrobangs today, I'm not sure how to do it on this Chrome laptop...anyway...)


I MEAN, HOW COULD I BE SO DEPRESSED THAT I FORGOT TO TELL YOU THAT THIS LITTLE GIRL WON THE NATIONAL FORENSICS LEAGUE HAWAII DISTRICT STUDENT OF THE YEAR AWARD INTERROBANG INTERROBANG INTERROBANG


Yeah, so I did. I mean, yes, it's a great honor and it's amazing to be recognized in front of everyone for all that I've been doing for the past four years. And I am so thankful for Toks, Rachel and Ayami for somehow convincing the Board (or maybe drugging them...?) to honor me in such a way. However, a small voice in my head keeps nagging, "Did you really deserve it?" I mean, it's there, but we must silence that nagging voice for the sole purpose of this blog post: LET'S CELEBRATE!


*Celebrate in however way you want as long as it is not illegal and you are not harming yourself or others in the process. Drinking is fine as long as you're of age. We do not tolerate underage drinking over here at The Chewy and Fruity List. I mean, come on, with a name like The Chewy and Fruity List, and with the whole idea of calculated risk-taking so significant to the Fruity half of this partnership, how would you expect us to support such a recklessly Daredevilish act? Seriously.*


Anyway, I would not have gotten this award without the support and help of so many people:
-Shayne, for joining speech and debate in the first place;
-Ashlyn, for being a wonderful Program Reading and Oratory coach and a great Policy partner;
-Ayami, whom I now view as my little sister, for the hugs and fun trips we've shared;
-Josh, for always being so honest with my performances;
-Kenneth, for agreeing to marry me later on in life; 
-the PFD originals, for being such great sports and for never failing to think I'm cool despite the fact that I tease them to no end;
-the adorable freshmen for being so awesome and adorable and endearingly irritating,
-Rachel/Poppet/Pops for simply existing and being one of the best people in the world;
-Angela, for being the DEBATE GODDESS;
-Mr. T, for being the DEBATE GOD;
-Toks, for being Toks,
-Mrs. Miyamoto, for being a wonderful second mom and for always believing in me...


...and so many more, including the competitors from other schools, the judges that make the tournaments possible, those who plan and direct tournaments, donors and sponsors, etc. My thanks goes to everyone. The whole planet, just to be sure that I don't miss anyone.


Speaking of the planet and being thankful, the countdown to 1000 Awesome Things ends on Thursday! I had read Wednesday's Awesome Thing in the first published book before, and I thought it was amazing then, I still think it's amazing now. Read this all the way through and just feel all the feels! Making moments in which we are suddenly "gripped by a cherishing so deep!"


Risks: 18
Hugs: 6

Current food obsessions/cravings: Cheerios 
Playlist(s) on Repeat: "We Could Happen You Know (If Only You Showed Up at Least Once in a While)"

0 comments!:

Post a Comment