Wednesday, August 28, 2013

BEDA 28: This is How We Collide

You now that feeling when you feel like something you found one day, something you never would have expected to have in your life, something that started out quite unusually, and something that you finally realize you may have been waiting for all along becomes something so synonymous to who you are and how you live that it becomes so weird not having that something?

That is where I am right now. :)

There are lots of things that I am really thankful for in this world--my family, my friends, the love that surrounds me and the willingness of these special people to lighten my heart, the opportunities with which I am blessed, this beautiful world . . . so much mure. Just. Thanks Universe. I notice you every once in a while, and that is not enough thanks for the stuff you've given me. I mean, there were times when I complained whenever you were trying to tell me something and I hated getting confused with all the mixed symbols and metaphors you always threw at me. But now, everything makes sense. Now, everything makes perfect sense no matter what metaphors you may throw at me. 

Last year, around this time, I was still getting used to college and I remember saying that I felt like I was floating. I hated it. There was no real stability anymore because there was no 'Iolani to dictate what I did with every minute of my day. I didn't know what to do because there was nothing to do. I was struggling with the freedom that I was given and with the responsibilities to myself to keep working hard despite the decrease in the workload and pressure. Now, about a year after, the pressure has increased but in a different way because of this internship and because I am far from home. But I have found an unexpected anchor and it keeps me grounded and happy despite everything else that I am feeling and safe and secure and just really thankful. 

It was a slow but good day at work. This was the latest I've gotten home because I left the office a little after 5:30 today. It was also an overcast day, not one of those beautiful bright (but really hot) days. I didn't have to go to work until 11 this morning so I woke up at 8 and went for a run--around campus only though. I'm not confident going around the neighborhood yet (and I don't think I should . . . well maybe in the mornings, if I stick to the Catholic side only, then I should be ok).

BEDA is almost over guys. I'm sorry this wasn't the best BEDA ever. I mean, I'm sorry this was the worst BEDA ever. 

Risks Taken: 57
Books Read Since Graduation: 10 (This is probs gonna stay like this for a while, sadly...)
Thank You Notes Written: 15
Hours Spent (Legit) Traveling So Far in August: 58.779

0 comments!:

Post a Comment