Friday, August 2, 2013

BEDA 2: Packing Round 1!

I managed to fit 12 pairs of shoes in three shopping bags. I feel like a winner.

I have been packing all night. Well. Kinda packing. Let me backtrack! For those of you who don't know yet, I am going to be in Washington, D.C. for the fall semester for a Congressional internship. But before I leave for that, we have a family trip to...the east coast! We are flying to Florida next week Thursday, then driving to DC, then driving to New York, then flying to Montreal, then back to Hawaii in time for my orientation! Whew. This is the traveling that I was talking about. And then I fly back to DC for the semester.

But while we are on the family trip, when we go to DC, I will drop of most of my things for the semester to take advantage of the extra hands that we will have. Which means I have to have most of my things packed for the semester by next week Wednesday at the latest. Most of my stuff are here in town but all the luggage is in Waipahu, so I put everything I am going to be packing this weekend in shopping bags so we can take them home, and then I am going to have to repack everything into suitcases there! Why didn't I just bring the suitcases here? Because we'll be leaving for the airport from home-home, not town-home. Gah. 

I think I am done. Packing is fun and scary at the same time. Or is it just me?

Anyway, I am going to go now. I packed for about three straight hours. And I still have a bunch of dresses that are at home-home. Hopefully, everything fits in all the luggage (Ha! Every girl's deepest hope!).

Oh! And I will be blogging while in DC! I am working on setting up a separate one now, I shall post a link later on when it is all good to go, if y'all are interested in what I'll be up to!

Risks: 52
Books Read: 10 
Thank You Notes Written: 15 
Hours Spent in Transit (Legit Traveling Only) So Far in August: 0

0 comments!:

Post a Comment