Saturday, April 27, 2013

Does That Salad Have Any CASHews?


Hey guys!

Remember how I was so excited about reading my letter to myself? MEH! I was disappointed. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love senior year Kendall, but cmon, that was pretty bad. But still, I like the sentiment of what I said and it was really cool. So, to continue this new tradition, here is a letter to myself one year from today. 

Dear Kendall (April 27, 2014),

Oh god, 2014? That sounds so weird. I've talked about this before, but it still feels weird that there's anything past 2012. You know? That was what our life was working up towards and then it was over and we were just like, what's next? And I'll tell you what's next: Awesome. I was entirely expecting it but I have enjoyed my first year of college. Going in, I know that I wanted to stay true to what I had worked towards becoming. I mean, in my original letter I listed things that I wanted to keep with me. And honestly, I think I have. The thing that I've been professing is a Kendall 1.5. I don't want to change completely, but I want to take what I've learned in the past and what I learn in the future and mix them together to become an amazing person. 

I know that I haven't entirely done my best to be as active as I was last year, but I know that there is still plenty of time and I have been moving in the right direction. No matter what happens over the next year, I know that it will be for the best and just make sure to enjoy everything as it comes.

I still feel like I'm in this awkward middle place right now, you know? Trying to move forward and trying to stay back, so I hope that that's something that is able to change over the next year. The biggest thing that I was worried about last year was me changing over this past year. And while I have, I know that I still have keep the things that are important and that makes me happy. It makes me confident that as I move forward, I will continue to keep those things that are important to me. 

Overall, I just hope that you will be able to look at the past year and be proud and happy with what has past. Turning 20 seems really scary. That's actually just really weird. But you know what, I'm sure it will be awesome.

Love,
Kerms (April 27, 2013)

Books Read: 4
Why Today Was Awesome: Sleep
Song Stuck In My Head: 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment