Monday, April 1, 2013

BEDA 1: If Our Lives Were Musicals

WELCOME TO BEDA(pril) 2013 FOLKS!!! (And, cue roaring applause...)

I'm going to see if I can do BEDA(pril) 2013 with blog titles that actually have something to do with my days. Just to do something different. We're mixin' it up. Y'all ready for this? Well, too bad, I'm doing it anyway. #YOLO

First of all, not to be all self-congratulating or anything (which means that I am congratulating myself in that way...), but, I am so proud of myself for waking up with a positive attitude today...despite the fact that I had to get up at 5:30 in the morning just so that I could get a ride to the dorms at 6:20, which is the time Josh, Shayne, and my dad leave for school! Huzzah!

The thing is that I actually made a conscious effort. I opened my bleary eyes and told myself, "Good morning, Jen! You ready to do this? It's go time. Let's make this a good day." I made sure that I started the day right, which is a different experience. I've never actually done that with such determination before. So I hummed a song (Israel Kamakawiwa'ole's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow") while I was in the shower and I just kept a good and upbeat song in my head all day to keep myself from going over to the Dark Side. Even now, as I type this blog post, I am still listening and singing along to music. Currently, the song is The Black Keys' "Next Girl," just in case you were interested. It's easy to do because I have the room all to myself for the next week and a half. Daisy is off to a tennis tournament in California--send her some good and positive vibes!

I had a bunch of tasks that I had to do throughout the day and there were definitely a couple of times when I felt really close to going over the edge. I had to print some stuff during my one and only break during the day and my printer decided to not work and, just, ahh, it ran out of ink before I could even really finish printing. But it was ok. There was music playing in the background.

I thought I was gonna be late for a little meeting to get some things ready because I was scrambling to get my stuff together. But it was ok. My iPod was on.

Also, true story here, one of the reasons why I had stuff to worry about today: I had to take 15 long pool noodles from my room all the way to Campus Center. But it was ok. I have awesome friends. I had help from Brandon and Duk, two of the most amazing friends ever...who also refuse to allow me to express my gratitude by feeding them gifts of the edible variety, which, frankly, I fail to comprehend. Like, seriously, what kind of people are willing to put down whatever they're doing just to carry 15 pool noodles from the dorms to Campus Center for a friend and yet turn down homemade cookies and brownies that said friend offers in return for their help? Also of note: they're homo sapiens of the male variety, supposedly with insatiable appetites for such delectable goodies. Really guys? DOES NOT COMPUTE. (BUT THANK YOU ANYWAY!)

Nevertheless, I am grateful. For two things, actually: music and awesome friends.

Today just proves that if our lives were all musicals, we would all be better people with better lives. But then again, who says our lives can't be musicals??

I am off to write two papers...both are due tomorrow. But it's ok. I've got my iPod and Spotify. Also, I'm well-caffeinated. (Coffee--also another thing that can make life better?!)

ALSO OH GOD BOBBI GOT TO MEET NOVAK DJOKOVIC TODAY ON HER BIRTHDAY. Like, what even is her life, right? 

Ok, now if I keep going, it's just gonna be the caffeine talking. Bye (for serious now) guys!

Risks: 44 
Books Read: 8
Thank You Notes Written: 13 

And my special BEDA(pril) 2013 tally is...
Caffeinated Drinks Consumed So Far in April: 2! (I had two cups of coffee at dinner................................................)



0 comments!:

Post a Comment