Thursday, April 18, 2013

BEDA 18: I'm Gonna Just Do "Me"

Last night, I was THIIIIIS close to going to sleep after having read so much of The Name of the Star (gah, MJ, you give me such conflicting feels). Really. I was all set to go to sleep, the lights were all off, and it was quiet and I closed my eyes...and THEN THE UNIVERSE JUST HAD TO TROLL ME. It's not even funny anymore. I mean. It kinda is in a I-can't-believe-this-is-happening kind of way. I mean. I reblogged something in its honor. Why even...

So a little while after that, I fell asleep right before midnight and I woke up early this morning with a big realization. You know how people sometimes wake up with a specific song in their heads? Well, I sometimes wake up with a sentence in my head, waiting for me to wake up and say it to myself. Sometimes they don't make sense because they're leftovers from my dreams the night before. But this morning, it was coherent. I opened my eyes and I immediately thought to myself, "The Universe is a troll only when you let it troll you."

Last night, I had decided that I was being Silly Jen, reading too much into things and such. So I decided to distract myself from interpreting my life by reading an actual fiction book that I can safely interpret just fine. And then the Universe "trolling" me right before I fell asleep? That was just me deciding that it was all the Universe doing everything. But it wasn't. It was me interpreting that the Universe was trolling me. Because the Universe only makes you think that its trolling you when it's not--you're really only trolling yourself. And this is the biggest troll ever for the Universe to do!

Oh Universe. You're such a troll...but only when I let you troll me! 

I've discussed my tendency to find symbols and metaphors in my life here before and I think we've established that it's not a bad thing. I think I'm gonna take that conversation a step further though and resolve to just let it go, to just let things happen as they will, to just do "me." And I think that's a good thing to start mid-April because mid-April is now and now is better than later (or latter...................Kendall....)!

Okay, I'm gonna go and try to blog for class now because I will be at Kamehameha tonight, judging. Which reminds me: today is the first day of States! CALLING EVERYONE TO SEND THEIR GOOD VIBES, MAGIC TEARS, AND AWESOMENESS TO OUR TEAM ALL WEEKEND!!! WHOOOOO!!!!

Like Kendall, I am also really excited for Fair--STOKING! We're working the shave ice booth and it's gonna be cold and sticky and there will be waffle dogs and malasadas and turkey legs and music and tons of games and I'm gonnna go on the rides. I hope I have some time for some funsies before I start working gahhh! Or maybe I can stay a little bit after...but probs not because Josh wants to get some sleep before he competes on Saturday.

Kendall, I hope you go to your own Relay! And thanks for thinking that about our committee...that actually reminds me: Rebecca and I did chalk drawings to advertise Relay earlier last week and, let's be honest, they were awesome. There was one sidewalk by Bilger where we did fonts that corresponded to the activities and I drew a castle for the bounce houses and Rebecca did waves for the mechanical surfing and a huge camera for the photo booth and I drew a giant popcorn and it was just cool. I don't have a picture of it though. We do, however, have over 800 photos of the event posted here and I think you should all check it out--ALL OF THEM. You can't experience the awesomeness of the event and these pictures unless you go through every single 871 of them. It goes from us setting up to the actual event to cleaning up the morning after. You can see our signs and tents and people's awesome costumes! There are awesome pictures of the boot camp, the hip hop dancing, the Zumba horde, the laps, the light sabers, sneaky shots of people eating and sleeping throughout, the Luminaria display changing from HOPE to LIFE to CURE, the bands, the huge leap frog train all around the track that happened sometime after midnight, the Monster pong tournament, the Mr. Relay pageant, Alex O'Loughlin, and so much more! I mean, there is also one pic with Barnesie and Kamo in the background and another with Kamo playing dodgeball. I mean. If that doesn't make you want to go through all those pictures, I don't know what else can...

Bye guys, I gotta get to worksies!

Risks: 45!
Books Read: 8
Thank You Notes Written: 13 
Caffeinated Drinks Consumed So Far in April: 18 (Had a Refresher after my Manoa trek yesterday afternoon after work...worth it!)


0 comments!:

Post a Comment