Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BEDA 23: Nerdy YOLO Nights

We're clearly losing our steam. Both of us. 

I mean. I just got back from my friends' room five floors down--I was boycotting homework. Well. They were trying to finish their chemistry homework, and being the only non-science major in the room, I just sat there on the bed, on Tumblr and Instagram and Facebook on my phone.

We ended up watching the two "The Adventurous Adventures of One Direction" on YouTube (which made me happier than I expected they would, but then again, the guys told me they would have this effect on me), and also the creepy and psycho ending of the last episode of "School Days" (which kinda counteracted the AAoOD feels), and just fooling around. At least the guys didn't start on Slender Man again. Last night, Nicolyn got all eight pages and Brandon turned off the lights and closed the door and we watched her keep playing. Until she died. There was screaming. Of course.

Maybe this will be clearer if I back up.

So last night was Monday night and I got back to the dorms after work. Daisy isn't here because of another trip, and neither was Rebecca because Gavin was home for the weekend. Marina and Anyssa weren't up for a sit-down dinner, and Alyssa and Ashley had already eaten, so I went and got takeout. 

Then Brandon texted me about this Honors class that we had been considering taking together in the next semester or so--registering for it takes some figuring out because we wanted to partner up with our current Honors professor and doing a sort of self-designed class based on the Honors class we're taking now. Anyway, it's a bit complicated like that and Brandon and I needed to be on the same page if we wanted to make it work so that we could take it together. So I told him I would meet him in one of our friends, Duk's, room because that's where Brandon usually hangs out. Duk is the one who lives five floors down. 

So I go over there and they're both working on their speeches for the next day for the Honors class that all three of us are taking together--yeah, we all had 1,200-word speeches due today. Brandon and I finished talking about our options for the class and then suddenly we realized that Duk was videochatting with three other people from our Honors class and we learned that they were in the middle of..."plotting" so that their speeches suited each other's needs. Which was fine, except for the fact that I'm not really in their "faction" so Heidi and Jana wanted me out of the room (Brandon was fine because he is basically just a more extremist member of their faction). But, being the rebel that I am, I refused to leave. I needed to work on my speech anyway and Brandon had done previous research on the topic I had to talk about so I decided to just grab my laptop from my room and work in Duk's room for the night so that I could 1) borrow the library books Brandon had checked out and, 2), extract all research info I needed from him, and just to help them both out with my awesome (but really doe) presence.

So at one point, Alex came in to announce that Nicolyn had just gotten all eight pages in Slender Man and so we all went next door where they have a bigger screen TV to watch her keep playing in the dark. Like I said. Screaming. I mean, the generators were easy to find in the abandoned mine but still. There were creepy clangs and creaky metal stairs and dark corners. Shudder!

And then we went back to work in Duk's room. And honestly, it was a long night so I don't remember everything. But I know Duk's roommate, Kevin, went bowling for most of the night and then came back around midnight to just hang out. Before that, we decided to go for a Market Break so we went down to the Market and got noms. Brandon bought coconut water and he and Quentin and Duk got the idea of making a coconut flavored slushy so we went up to the roof with the blender to grab some milk, ice cream, and ice. And then we blended it in Duk's room and poured them into cups (in Duk's case, a cut open Arizona Green Tea can...) and enjoyed some watery slushy milk. They should have put less milk. And less ice. But it was still refreshing. We also bought sandwiches and other pastries. And Munchies!

Anyway. We all took turns playing music throughout the night as we worked--we did this rotating thing where each person gets to play one song only and then the next person plays theirs and so on. Quentin left first because he lives in another tower, Brandon left at 3 in the morning, I left at around 3:15 because none of us could really function anymore and also because I had to get up at 6:30 to register at 7:30 and get ready for work at 7:45. That was a long, but good and fun night because, yeah, we were all struggling to finish our speeches but it's not as bad when you're alone.

Today, I had class with Duk and Brandon until 5:30 but I had a meeting until 6:30ish after that so I just met up with their group after for dinner. Then after dinner, I went down to hangout in Duk's room while they all tried to work on chem homework. I was boycotting homework, like I said, because last night was bleh-speech-writing night and I had a long day. But I finally came up to my floor to shower and to try to get some stuff done (which includes BEDA post!). I'll go on the Market Break with them though when they knock on my door in half an hour.

I like hanging out with smart people. Smart, nerdy, and weird people. Because we get the same jokes. There's a lot of screaming and yelling sometimes which makes it more fun...and makes us more appreciative of the fact that Duk's RA isn't so uptight about the noise.

Okay, that's tons. Now, homework, let's dance.

Risks: 45!
Books Read: 10 (The Name of the Star--check here for my updates!)
Thank You Notes Written: 13 
Caffeinated Drinks Consumed So Far in April: 24 (Um, last night, I had coffee with dinner, then Arizona Green Tea in Duk's room, and then I made iced coffee to drink with my dinner tonight...)


0 comments!:

Post a Comment