Wednesday, April 24, 2013

BEDA 24: I Am Going to Miss Dorm Life

There's a CHEEHOO contest going on right now. Really. Some guys from the courtyard downstairs were cheehooing and now a bunch of people are responding with even louder cheehoos from various towers and the apartments. Welcome to college guys.

Actually the past several days have been filled with so many "welcome to college guys" moments that only come around when you dorm. 

Last night, after I posted for BEDA, the Market Break knock from my friends came a bit early so we went down to the Market. Except instead of taking the elevators we had a "race" down the twelve flights of stairs, yelling and screaming all the way down. And we didn't get caught because we know the RAs never stay out at the lobby desk until midnight like they're supposed to. Welcome to college guys.  

Then Brandon, Duk, and I took the stairs up to the seventh floor lanai coming back and that was it. We were unproductive for the rest of the night because Quentin joined us later and we just sat there and ate Yan Yans and drank tea and spent the night storytelling and trying to set fire to things without setting the fire alarm off until past 3 again. Welcome to college guys.

Realizing and noticing moments like these and reading Kendall's housing dilemmas and adventures alike just makes me sad that I won't be dorming next year. But it's ok! I have resolved to enjoy as much of it as I can.

Kerms, I hope Plan T works out! Living in a house with a bunch of people sounds like so much fun. It'll be like Echo Base--but with more people and some of them are girls. 

Okay, actually gonna try to get substantial work done because I have an app due tomorrow. I will update you guys on this later but exciting stuff are happening but I haven't had time to be excited yet, just worried! And a presentation!

Risks: 46 (Late night storytelling is a risk because you open yourself up to judgment and criticism and basically have to take the risk of being vulnerable in order to earn trust and strengthen friendships.)
Books Read: 10 
Thank You Notes Written: 13 
Caffeinated Drinks Consumed So Far in April: 25 (I had three and a half hours of sleep. I needed that Refresher guys...)



0 comments!:

Post a Comment