Sunday, August 17, 2014

That's the Hope I Have, the Only Thing I Know That's Keeping Me Alive

Hey guys!

Oh my god, today was a day. (Even though I'm writing this on Monday...)

SO. We woke up at 8, got ready, and went downstairs for free continental breakfast. Then we had a blastoff adventure, and then we were off!

It was about a half mile walk to the venue, except like half of it was uphill a parking lot and the sun was just blaring down on us.

Anyway, we got there at like 10 or 11 and we waited. And waited. And waited. There were no clouds and there was no shade. Honestly, the heat wasn't even that big of an issue. It gets hotter here with the humidity, it was more the fact that we were just IN the sun the whole time.

Anyway, at one point Jaime and I went to go to Safeway to get water (we were all so dehydrated) and food. We came back, ate, and waited.

Also, this whole time, we didn't really know what was going on because we had meet and greet tickets, but none of the event staff really know what was going to happen either. Anyway, eventually we got in a line for the meet and greet and by 5:00, they let us into the venue to wait. 

They split us up into the two meet and greets, and then the next thing I knew, I was standing in front of a table where Fall Out Boy was sitting. Ugh. They were perfect. I mean, I didn't get to say much because it was rushed and plus I don't know what to say in a situation like that, but something that I did get a chance to do was I got Patrick to sign both a copy of "Save Rock and Roll" but also his solo album because that album means a lot to me. Then I got a picture with them and it was just a nice picture and ugh. It was great. 

After that, the staff still didn't really know what was going on, but since we were basically at the front of the line, we convinced them to let us stay right nearby the stairs so when the doors officially opened, we would be the first ones. And we were. We saw people running behind us so we rushed down the stairs and made it to the barricade, so all 4 of us were on it.

After a bit more waiting, the craziness began. New Politics opened up. This was my third time seeing them and they were as energetic as always. The headlining show that we saw with them was still way better, but it was fun to see them again. And also cool to see Lolo come out, she was actually really good. 

Then, after screaming their songs for a little, they left and we waiting, and then Paramore came out. Now, this was my first, like, REAL time seeing Paramore (I saw them at Jingle Ball and they sang like 3 songs) and ugh they were SO FREAKING GOOD. I literally was screaming the whole time. Haley was dancing and singing right in front of us and she definitely looked a me and sang with me multiple times. She just has so much energy and so much happiness that you can't help but smile while watching her and the rest of them perform. It just is filled with such good vibes, ugh, it was amazing.

Then, when they were done, and I was already exhausted, dehydrated, sore, and almost broken, Fall Out Boy came out. Now, this was my third time seeing Fall Out Boy also, but this was probably the best. All of them are just perfect. Patrick is so passionate about what he does and you can just feel how into it he is and it just makes you want to rock out even harder. Pete talked a few times and said some really great things about how we should be our own superheroes and how we are in charge of our own happiness. I have it all on camera and it just meant a lot. 

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, it was so perfect. This is the exact reason why I love going to concerts so much and it was 100% worth doing.

(Oh yeah, if you want to see pictures from tonight, go here

Why Today Was Awesome: MONUMENTLIFE
Taco Bell Quessaritos Eaten: 2
Books Read: 9 
Airplanes Ridden: 14 
Concerts Attended:10

0 comments!:

Post a Comment