Sunday, August 10, 2014

Probably One of My Most Important Posts of the Month

Hey guys!

I mean, today not much happened, again. We had an open house, and I helped to clean up a little.

The exciting thing that DID happen was that I finally finished "Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List". I don't know man. A lot of feels going on. Okay, I'm gonna try and not compare it too much to it's two companions, but I'm gonna compare them, let's be real. I know that I read them COMPLETELY out of order, but that's alight. I think that this one might have been my favorite.... (I'm talking about this book, "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist", and "Dash and Lily's Book of Dares"). 

Let me just say this first, that is one hell of a bathroom... (actually, one hell of a venue, like, it goes from hardcore punk scene to a drag club? Like catch me there?)

But really, I mean, like, this is the one that I could relate to the easiest (obviously). At times, it was actually scary how much I related to it... But that wasn't even the reason that I ended up liking it so much. Like, honestly, I didn't even care about Ely and Bruce's relationship. I didn't even like Ely that much. He's kind of really irritating and he didn't see what was going on right in front of him. I also don't generally like "break up" stories. Or at least, I don't want to read a whole book about people being sad and trying to fix things. I don't know, I guess that that kind of makes it true to life, but at the same time, they all screwed up and it made me mad. 

What I did like about it: the narration was interesting. Like, we got to see everyone's point of view and that was cool. I liked the set up of the story in general, how they lived in that apartment building that was like a little community. But what I liked the most was that the point of the story WASN'T about the romantic relationships, it was about Naomi and Ely's friendship. Honestly, the last few lines of the book hit me hard and it summarizes why I loved the book so much.

"I could have stayed over with Bruce, but this is where I wanted to end my night. This is what I wanted to come back to. This is as much a part of my story as anything else. Friendship is love as much as any romance. And like any love, it's difficult and treacherous and confusing. But in the moment when your knees touch, there's nothing else you could ever want. It's a total lie to say there's only one person you're going to be with for the rest of your life. If you're lucky - and if you try really hard - there will always be more than one." 

Why Today Was Awesome: Naomi and Ely
Taco Bell Quessaritos Eaten: 2
Books Read: 9 (hehe)
Airplanes Ridden: 13
Concerts Attended: 9

0 comments!:

Post a Comment