Thursday, July 28, 2011

Summer: All was golden when the Day met the Night


I have been wanting to blog all week long, but I have not had the inclination to do so, until I saw Jen post, and therefore I felt obligated to do it. Now that it is officially summer, I finally am able to be productive. That included: reading, playing video games, sleeping, watching Harry Potter, taking pictures, and watching YouTube videos. 

First and foremost, reading. Since this Saturday, I finished two books (What da hell? *with a Tiffany accent), I read the sequel to The Maze Runner called The Scorch Trials, and it was amazing! I can't believe that it ended so abruptly and I can't wait for the third and final book, The Death Cure, which comes out in October (more on that later). I also was finally able to finish 13 Little Blue Envelopes. It was so good. I kind of knew the end already, but I was still shocked when I read it. I wanted to throw my book across the room and never touch it again. Sadly however, I did not. I finished it and felt like it was over and that I would never and should never get to see into Ginny's strange life again, but there Maureen goes and writes a sequel. I feel like she wrote this just because of how well the other one did, and not because she originally planned on it (which I don't really like). However, I went to Borders (..........*sigh*...........) and got The Last Little Blue Envelope for 20% off. So far I am about 60 pages in and I think it's better than the last. Anyways, I seem to have a dilemma. There are four books coming out in a few months that all seem to come out around the same time. Four books that all are being released within a month of each other. Lola and the Boy Next Door (companion novel to the amazing Ana and the French Kiss) comes out September 29th, The Son of Neptune (sequel to The Lost Hero) comes out October 4th , The Death Cure comes out October 11th, and Inheritance (the last book in the Inheritance Cycle, or the Eragon books) comes out November 8th. What the heck!!! And on top of that, I need to re-read The Lost Hero and Brisingr before they come out because I believe that re-reads are just as important as the new reads!!! Geez, too much....  One last thing in my book sorrows, I went to the library today to try and find Dash and Lily's Book of Dares because Jen seems to be in love with that book, but it was checked out...

Okay, I'm gonna nerd out on you for a sec. The past two days, I continued my play-through of the original Paper Mario. I was bored one day over winter break, so I started playing it and remembered how much fun it was. I am now on Chapter 6 (there are 8 chapters). Also, I need to finish playing Ocarina of Time for the 3DS because I started but got busy because of summer school and stopped playing. I just finished the Forest Temple, and I really want to beat it!

Sleep is good. 

I saw Harry Potter again this Sunday. Only this time, I saw it in 3D and the only part that was really cool in 3D was when Voldemort died and all his skin flakes were flying everywhere (By the way, I saw that awkward hug video before, and it is freaking hilarious).

I took my senior portraits this Tuesday, the ones that go in the yearbook. And since it is for our senior year, they make us wear a suit and tie, so I ended up wearing one of Sterling's red ties, with a blue background. The only thing that I can say about the experience was that Sterling put makeup on me. 

I also have been relentlessly watching YouTube videos, but that's nothing new is it?

I am extremely jealous of Jen's butterbeer, but I must say that it looks kind of like orange juice..... (Or pumpkin juice if you prefer). 

One last thing, since BEDA is coming up, I have something very special planned for the first day!!

Awkward Moments: 0 (Sorry, I kind of lost track a LONG time ago, let's start fresh.) 
Books Read: 13  (This is much easier, it is counting from the beginning of this year) 
Why Today Was Awesome: Jurassic Park 2!
Something I Learned:  
Song Stuck in My Head: "I'll Run" by The Cap

0 comments!:

Post a Comment