Friday, May 27, 2011

Hello, Metaphorical Heat Waves

I carry around a composition notebook that I use as my planner. I've searched high and low for the perfect day planner that suits all of my needs and demands to no avail. So, one day during sophomore year, I decided to just to make my own last school year. I don't think there are mini planners that have a two-page spread for each day. Anyway, I title all of my weeks based on either what is happening/happened/will happen and write them on the pages of my planner. Because today is the last day of our junior classes, I thought I'd reflect back on my school year and share with you my weekly titles.


Junior Year - BOOK 1
Week 1: Hey, Junior!
--Pretty obvious...
Week 2: 9 comments!
--Kendall wrote this as part of "Jen's NEW 25 Things" on Facebook and it made my week.
Week 3: And . . . NOW you can breathe.
--Stressing out as usual...
Week 4: Hold on to your seat!
--Stressing out again. This must have been a hard week.
Week 5: French the LLAMA--it's MQ!
--Self-explanatory.
Week 6: It's just another hurdle--get OVER it!
--Stress. I'm sensing a theme here...
Week 7: Wait . . . October?!?!
--How time flies!
Week 8: Always . . . 
--This was a Snape reference. I was feeling very Harry Potter.
Week 9: (I actually drew a picture on my notebook) Macchiato
--Mmmmm, macchiatos!
[End of Q1, Start of Q2]
Week 10: "X" (Homecoming 2010)
--Obvious.
Week 11: Strength? Strength.
--Kendall and I fought the week before this. 
Week 12: Are you ready for this?
--I have a feeling this was about debate. 
Week 13: Normalcy is GROSS
--It is!
Week 14: Gras (Anglicized and butchered Spanish for "thank you")
--Thanksgiving
Week 15: Malapit na ang Pasko! (Christmas is near!)
--Week after Thanksgiving...which meant I could play Christmas carols without people glaring/staring at me..
Week 16: Let it Snow SHINE, Let it Reindeer!
--Christmas, Christmas, Christmas is almost here!
Week 17: Are you COLD? :)
--The beginning of the beautiful winter season <3
[Winter Break]
Week 18: " . . . my poor HOLEY (?!?!) lessthanthree!"
--From MoM's new album, Magic is Might. I love you, Ryan Seiler.
Week 19: I'm so ClessthanthreeLD!
--I was. I really was. Really cold.
[End of Q2, Start of Q3]
Week 20: Let's be Green and HAPPY!
--I really have no idea where this title came from!
Week 21: El color de los sueños (The color of dreams)
--I wrote a Spanish essay on this topic and I remember feeling fanciful the rest of the week.


Junior Year - BOOK 2
Week 22: Congratulations! You just won a house! :)
--This was based on a dream that I had at the time...in which *cough,cough* and I won a house.
Week 23: Jelly sandwiches
--They never taste good.
Week 24: ISMY?
--The answer to this question, which I asked myself over and over at this time, is: "Yes, apparently you still do, Jen."
Week 25: R.W.
--This must have been around the 'Iolani Debate Tournament....yep, I just checked. It was.
Week 26: HELL
--Ahh, I had a lot of hellish weeks, but I guess this was extra hellish because I actually made it a title!
Week 27: Fate? Or is it mere coincidence?
--And here is where the junior part of The Story begins.
Week 28: Patay na patay? (It literally means "really, really, really dead" but I think it's English equivalent is "head over heels")
--Uh-oh, I smell trouble...
[Spring Break--End of Q3, Start of Q4]
Week 29: BLANK
--Probably because I was too busy to even give this week a title.
Week 30: Not in the cards
--I never realized I had so many week titles about this.
Week 31: Just a dream?
--I think part of it was a dream. But the reality part turned out to be something that was close.
Week 32: It never stops.
--It doesn't. Trust me.
Week 33: Dancing With A Ghost
--This is a song to which I got addicted during this week under the current circumstances. Here is the music video if you'd like to see it.
Week 34: Too tired to function!
--Haha, almost there!
Week 35: We could happen?
--Maybe not.
Week 36: Surrender and Resolution
--When it happens, it happens. And it did! I can't believe it did!
Week 37: Sleepy
--This week? Yeah, I was pretty sleepy this week.
(I will let you know what next week's title is when I post then.)

I already put up "Jen's Great Summer To-Do List" on my bulletin board! And I haven't even started studying for finals yet! My summer posts will center around this list, of course, and I will try to post every day as soon as I get back from Nationals. :)


I have this feeling that this summer is MY summer; this is Jen's summer, much more than any other summer of my life. I'm not really sure why, but I can FEEL it. 






It's over! And I am excited.




Today......
I really loved... Iris' peppermint tea.
I smiled because... of Ryan's impossible fuel-gas-and-water-to-three-houses mind trick/game/thing!
Lyrics playing at this very moment as I type this portion of the blog:
"She's gone away, still they stay together, people call me crazy..."
(Drive Away by All-American Rejects)
Hours of sleep last night: 10
Friend of the day: Jen


LIST UPDATE!!!
We won the Achiever Award for out student council work this year in Faculty Relations Individuals. Check!
Although Rachel, Kendall and I really did love the feeling we got every single time we made a teacher/administrator/staff member smile this year, being recognized for it is sweet, too. 
Special thank you to Alex Tom who has been our "mentor" and role model since sophomore year--we will miss you, Pinocchs! 
<3, Kermit, Jen&Berry, and Nutmeg!


--Jen :)

0 comments!:

Post a Comment