Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Now is Right Now

I logged onto Blogger tonight not really knowing what I was going to discuss in my post today but determined to make sure that I write not only to my heart's content but also that what I write will be worth reading. 

As per usual, I read Kendall's most recent post at the end of which he included a link to a new vlog that he shot today. So I went ahead and watched that too, and I was reminded just how much I love him. 

So this post is for you, Kendall. 

There are people in our lives who will love us no matter what. And they really mean "no matter what." BUT this does not mean that they will not push and prod and poke and nag you constantly until you make appropriate changes in your life, until you get up with your chin held high after you fall down, until you get to a point where you can look in the mirror and really be happy with everything that you are and everything that you are not. 

Not a lot of people have a friend like Kendall. Not only is he so incredibly thoughtful and fiercely sweet to all those he loves, a group of people of which I feel incredibly lucky to be able to say I am a part, but he has also been one of the few people who have made me so much better, and will continued to do so for as long as we're friends (which basically means "for as long as we are alive"...).

I have mixed feelings about Kendall coming home in about a week. As much as I am excited to see him, I also feel a tinge of sadness that he has to come home from college because he has been having such a great and enriching time at UW, both academically and personally, and I am genuinely happy for him. 

I also feel guilty because I haven't finished his scavenger hunt. Which I should have done THE WEEK AFTER HIS ACTUAL BIRTHDAY. But I never did and the next thing I know it was Finals Week and then it was the end of the semester and then it was time to work at SPO. And I am definitely not making excuses, there are no excuses when it comes to Kendall, but I do feel incredibly bad. This summer is basically gonna be a birthday party for him from me. Honestly. It's gonna be huge. (I hope).

Thank you, Kendall, for being in my life!

Risks: 48
Books Read: 10 
Thank You Notes Written: 15 


0 comments!:

Post a Comment