Sunday, December 30, 2012

BLOG!

I just got home just now. Kinda exhausted. Straightsies to bedsies. Be back tomorrow guys.

--

Hey everyone! Today is the last day of 2012! And what better way to spend it than, you know, lounging around with family. Well, except my dad; he went to work for half the day but he came home early, but he counts because he went straight to sleep and is no watching TV. It's funny because I had trouble teaching my mom the concept of "Lounge/Lazy Day" in the beginning of the break, but now, she's pretty pro at it. I mean, her idea of "Lounge/Lazy" is pretty different--she works on her plants and fools around on her laptop--but at least she's not stressing and doing chores!

The rest of us all woke up late and we had a lazy breakfast with  a berry muffin cake that I baked with some coffee and tea (mmm, tea). Mom retreated to her plants for most of the morning, Josh and Shayne to their laptops and myself to my phone (because my laptop wasn't fully ready yet). I spent most of my morning with Lizzie Bennet Diaries and pre-Hobbit preps. And Words with Friends. Then when my dad got home, I finally was able to work on my new laptop. So most of my afternoon was full of installing and downloading and personalizing and setting up. And it's done! Well kinda, as much as it will be done and deemed "mine" at this moment, anyway.

Today was probably the only day that I worked so much (in terms of on my laptop); I can feel it; my shoulders are in need of a massage now. Well, I guess you could kinda count the three days that I spent hanging out at 'Iolani as Work Days, as well, because Kendall and I helped out at different places here and there. And we both agreed that we did more work in those three days than we did in our first semesters of college!

Now that 2012 is coming to a close and there is only a week before school starts again, I have to start getting down to business. Not to defeat the huns, but to buy my books, start packing my stuff, clean out my desktop, go back to work (on the 2nd!) etc. But it is also a time to reflect and decide on my New Year's resolutions. 

2012 was definitely a good year. I think I've only had a few years where I can confidently say, "Yep this was a good year.": 2007 (age 13), 2010 (age 16), and 2012 (age 18). Now, 2013 doesn't sound too pleasing to the ear, does it? Going into 2012, I remember feeling excited but 2013 feels iffy to me. I have the tiniest bit of apprehension. Inexplicably, I also have never felt so determined in achieving my goals so maybe that is a good thing!

Of course, the end of the year also means that we have to thank all of you for staying with us and being our friends. We started this three years ago and we like to think that we've grown and improved over time. Hopefully, we can keep this going for as long as we deem it fun!

I wish you all 2013 full of happiness and love! May you make new friends, come across amazing opportunities, find delight in new things, and continue to be awesome!

Enjoy some memorable quotes from the break:

-"Um, are you taking a picture of your foot?"
-"Don't worry about it."

-"I didn't choose the thug life. I got a job.

(Whilst playing Catchphrase)
-"You know when you open your Christmas gift and there's a rhino's butt inside and you're like, 'OMG, that is horrible.'"

-"Hey, let's play "Choo Choo Like a Hobo!"
-"No, it's Christmas. Let's play something we can all play together."
-"......Ok, let's all download "Choo Choo Like a Hobo" on our respective phones."

-"Hey, you still have to pay me for your gift!"

-

0 comments!:

Post a Comment