Monday, April 27, 2015

Letter to Myself 2015

Dear Kendall (April 27, 2016),

This certainly has been a year, hasn't it? There were ups, downs, twists, turns, so much life happened and I don't even know what to say about it all. You continued to do what you love, I'll give you that. You went to more concerts than I can count. You went on 5 different trips. You found new things. You learned new things. You failed. You got back up. You grew. It's almost a little serendipitous that today would be the day that I have to write this letter. It's the day I walked around after work. A lot. And I thought. A lot. I had a plan this past year. It didn't work out. I still haven't gotten to where I want to be. But the thing is, I can see it coming. I have so many big plans and exciting things coming in the future and I know it will be amazing. Every single one of those things that I wanted for you last year, I still want for you. I'll always want those things for you. But I think that this years has been a time to figure out how to do that.  I've made a lot of mistakes along the way, but that's okay. I'll learn from them. In the next year, I want to see things really pop off. I mean, even in the past few weeks you've done things I never could have imagined. I don't really know what is going to happen. Where I'm going to go. What I'm going to do. But, I know that you will make the most of it. You will do the right thing, even if it's not easy. Everything that's happened so far has happened for a reason. To get me somewhere. I may not know where that place is right now, but I'll figure it out, I know I will. Most importantly, I want you to make others happy, and that includes yourself. It's our job to find joy in our lives, and I want you to find as much joy in as many people as you can. And Kendall, you can do this. 

Love,
Kendall (April 27, 2015)

0 comments!:

Post a Comment