Sunday, June 3, 2012

Diploma Left, Shake Right

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!


So, funny story, remember how I said I was sick last week, but then felt better by, like, Junior Prom and stuff? Well yeah, I was feeling better, until this FREAKING Thursday when I FREAKING got sick AGAIN!!!!! So since then, I've been fighting it, and I think that I've almost won. 


Anyways, yes, we graduated yesterday. And as weird as that feels to say, it is just as weird to know that it is true. I've been so incredibly busy these past few months that I honestly have not had a single moment to really look back and realize what has actually happened.


The ceremony was great, for graduation. The speeches were good (KIRSTEN!!!!!!! Thank you so much for mentioning us!!! Your speech was amazing!), we were in the shade, and Gavin walked across the stage barefoot. A second before my name was about to be called and I had to walk across the stage, a sense of nervousness shot throughout my body. The whole thing was strange and almost surreal. The next thing I knew, I was walking down the aisle again, looking for my seat. It's amazing how four long years (for most people longer than that) of achievement, emotions, failure, and learning, could all culminate into one single moment, embodied in one single document. 


But since it's so short and so seemingly meaningless, I'm so glad that we are here in Hawai'i, and we get to partake in the amazing tradition of giving leis. Before, I honestly didn't think that it would be too bad, carrying all those leis, but once they were actually on me, the combination of sickness and fatigue almost made me crumble under the weight of all the leis. But other than that, it was super fun. 


After that, was the illustrious Project Grad. And while it was a fun time and I enjoyed it despite my sickness, I am so surprised that I have been so tired since. Usually I'm the one who never needs the sleep and can always stay up, but getting no sleep while sick, I was unable to function. 


Nonetheless, it was all a good time. It was, of course, a blur, but if it wasn't, how would we be able to truly experience it? (That made no sense....)


Books Read: 10
Free Meals: 9
Why This Week Was Awesome: Graduation!!!
Song Stuck in My Head: It's been rather blank

0 comments!:

Post a Comment