Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas? Christmas.

Guys. Psst. Guys. It's officially December.... Stoked? Me too...... (W000000TTT!!!!)


Anyways, so yeah, it is December which means that everything is more and more Christmasy. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is the buildings near our school, because they have lights that alternate green and red on each floor. Ahhhh I love it so much. Also, because I think Jen and I had a conversation about this, here is a picture of the advent calendar that my family has for this year. 





Traditionally, advent calendars had pictures, poems, or portions of the Nativity story, but now, this modern day one that we got at Safeway just has delicious chocolate inside. 


So, yesterday, something awesome happened to me. It all started with an event/movie/thing called The Beckoning of Lovely. It is basically this event that Amy Krouse Rosenthal put on for the past few years on 8/8/8, then 9/9/9, then 10/10/10, and now 11/11/11. The point of the whole thing was to basically beckon lovely into the world. So, at one point in the movie that she made (which I would link to but she took it down) she said that if you send an empty envelope to a certain address, she would send you an awesome temporary tattoo. But I thought that that would be lame to just send an empty envelope to her, so I put a couple post-it notes in there that said things like "Thank you!" and "You're awesome!" and such. So yesterday, I finally got an envelope back, and this was what was inside. 





Ahhhhhh. This made me so happy. 


Books Read: 24 
Why Today Was Awesome: Post-It Notes
Song Stuck in My Head: "Talk Nerdy" by Luke and Ryan. Also, "Forever Yours" by Alex Day



0 comments!:

Post a Comment