Sunday, December 4, 2011

Yay for Plot Twists

This is a very crucial weekend. I have 4 "essays" to write in a little less than 6 hours. Can do? CAN DO!


Anyway, I've taken a bit of a break to blog about things. Kendall's post told you about something he received in the mail....unfortunately, the pictures don't work. Not sure why. But I'm sure that whatever he got in that envelope, it added a little lovely to his day and to this world--which is the only thing we really need, right? It is. Just a daily dose of lovely is all we really need. (Kendall Edit: LIES! They do work! Jen was just being impatient!)


So, this weekend has been a good weekend...of course, that's speaking from the fact that I haven't entered the majorly painful part yet (the essay writing), but the thing is I'm actually excited to write these essays. And nothing is due-due tomorrow, really, except my Hamlet paper on Tuesday. These are just things that I really would not like to spend the last two weeks of school SUPER-stressing over (merely stressing is fine, but definitely not SUPER-stressing). So, ONWARD!


It's December! Which means two things: 1) Another NaNo has gone by, and 2) we're getting closer and closer to Christmas!


First, NaNo. I did not win this year (nor did Kendall), but I am very proud of what I have produced given the homework and college apps and so many other things that were going on for me. I wrote a total of 11,168 words!!! That's 11,168 reasons for me to be happy!!! I am planning on continuing it whenever I can while still keeping my priorities in check. November has actually shown me just how much time I waste every single day on Facebook and Tumblr and watching TV or just sitting down and daydreaming and listening to music. And I admit that I did go crazy on Tumblr this weekend because it was the first time that I had been on for 30 DAYS, but I've resolved to continue my "No Facebook, Tumblr or YouTube on weekdays!" rule because I really benefited from the focus that was forced upon me by this rule. I've also proven to myself that I have self-control and discipline when it comes to these things and I'd like to keep it up.


Second, CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need not say more.


Risks taken: 10
Hugs: 3
Current food cravings/obsessions: croissants, orange juice
Playlist(s) of the Week: "Cinnamon Vanilla Soy Latte: Christmas in a Cup" and "K.O." (also, Bad Rabbits)

0 comments!:

Post a Comment