Sunday, January 27, 2013

Nineteen Feels No Different!

I had a profound thought earlier this week, sometime between now and Wednesday, and I remember thinking to myself, "This is going to be a blog post, I can feel it." I also remember thinking, "Maybe I should write this down, I might forget it. NAH, I am sure I won't." 

You would think that I would have learned this lesson by now, especially because there are times when I tell others this all the time: When a "metaphorical football hits you on the head" (#thisquote, courtesy of Kendall), WRITE IT DOWN! Like they say, the strongest memory is weaker than the palest ink. 

I didn't write my idea down and so, here we are: Me, ramble-typing in attempt to salvage this already-lame blog post from being even more lame, and you, looking at the computer screen, the sheen of disappointment clear in your eyes, thinking to yourself, "Why do I even bother reading this blog?" And for that I apologize. And for this, I am going to have to revert to my ordinary "Recap of the Week" angle from which I seem to use most of the time, anyway.

1) No School Monday
Daisy and I made sure to finish most, if not all, of our homework by Monday night so that we could have a Sherlock + Hot Chocolate Night. I'd say it was a success. We limited ourselves to the first episode only because, like, we wanted to sleep and stuff. Needless to say, we both had feels--I was excited, of course, because it's been a while since I'd seen the first episode of the first season, and Daisy was excited as well, but she was also very inquisitive. She questioned lots of things, including Sherlock's common sense (and sexuality, of course, but then again, who wouldn't?). This was also the night that Daisy gave me my birthday gift because she had to leave the following night and so she wasn't gonna see me on the actual day. She got me two posters--the OKAY watercolor one and the KEEP CALM and DFTBA one. And they were both autographed! She also bought the INFINITY one for herself just because she is currently in calc and it makes perfect sense to her in a math sense. Plus, it was blue, her favorite color. Yep. MY ROOMMATE IS BETTER THAN ALL YOURS!

2) Long Day Tuesday
Tuesdays tire me more than usual. But then again, I shouldn't complain because while I have class all the way until 5:30, Aid has class until 8 on some days. Rebecca goes up to 7:30 on Wednesdays! Anyway, my highlight of Long Day Tuesday is easily running into Barnesie on campus. Enough said!

3) Birthday Wednesday
This was a very different birthday in many ways. For example, it didn't feel like a big deal because 19 doesn't seem like a very big deal in the first place. It's kind of the same thing that Kendall said about 2013 in general. All our lives, we had been waiting for 2012 to come; as a result, all other years after 2012 just seem so impossible to me. They do not exist in the same way that the years leading up to 2012 do, and they definitely do not feel at all like 2012 itself. I mean, what is this? There are years after 2013? What even is that about? I can't wait until 21 though...that's the next big one. It was filled with lots of food, cute texts, flowers, an AWESOME NEW SHERLOCK CASE, and a giant cake on my dorm room door courtesy of Rebecca (91 years old!). I also had my very first graded speech in speech class today. I talked about risk-taking, of course, but I think I could have made the speech more about the audience rather than myself--notes to future self!

4) Almost There Thursday
Thursday won and I lost badly. It was just one of those days that take you down and keep you down and all you can really do is close your eyes, hold your breath, and hope that it ends soon.

5) Oh Yeah Friday
YESSS FOR FRIDAYSSSS. I was up until late editing a video (more on that later) which was crazy fun. When I got my new laptop, PowerDirector 10 was already installed on it so I decided to check it out and I love just trying things out and seeing what buttons do and gahhh. I feel like a kid in front of it. It makes me want to vlog more. It is almost midnight and I want to edit videos right now but there are no videos to edit and it makes me feel inept. WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?

6) Lounge Day/Parents' Birthdays Saturday (a.k.a. "today")
Today was my parents' birthdays! Yes, both of them, and yes, it's cute, I know. We had lots of food today, though I only really baked scones in the morning for breakfast. The rest were all Shayne's tasty concoctions! She wouldn't let me help so I lounged today and helped my mom lounge too. I kept track of the Gigi-Darcy-Lizzie outing through Twitter (so excited for Monday), surfed YouTube, uploaded the video I edited the night before (which took forevs), watched Tangled, Pride and Prejudice, snippets of the 1995 version of P&P, Emma, Mansfield Park, and Sense and Sensibility in honor of P&P turning 200 this weekend. WOOHOOO AUSTENETTES (I don't think that's the correct term but oh well).

So on to the video talk! Kendall made a video for my birthday in which he 1) greeted my a happy birthday and 2) introduced this year's traditional birthday scavenger hunt! Because there are 2,679 miles between us, a normal scavenger hunt would have been quite difficult, so this year's birthday scavenger hunt is completely on the Internet! My first clue in that first video was "PIZZA" and I have actually found the next video containing my next clue but have not watched it yet. I will though. I am excited, as you can tell. Yay bestfriendships! Best friends are like drug dealers except instead of drugs, they give you things that you like, such as experiences, and instead of giving them money, you give them appreciation, compliments, free food (if available and possible), and also, more experiences. It's a good way to get your fix of nerdy awesomeness--at least in my case anyway.

So yes, all that happened.

I am off to watch two more movies because I don't want this night to end because it would mean I have to go to sleep and then wake up some five hours later only to start on homework and answer emails (seriously, half of my life now is just me sending and replying to emails, it's not even funny anymore) so I am just going to watch movies and pretend like the night is nowhere near the end and maybe I can stop time and it will work this time not like those other times when I tried to use my magical skills to pause time just so that I could breathe but I failed miserably and then I was sad.

Okguysseeyoulaterbyeeeeeeeeeee!!

P.S. My favorite part of the entire Pitch Perfect soundtrack is 1:43-2:05 of the Treblemakers' final performance. And I don't even understand why because I usually don't listen to this kind of music, but Utkarsh Ambudkar's voice is sex. There, I said it. I can feel you judging me now...

Risks: 38
Books Read: 7 (srsly guise wat even is dis i h8 mahselff grr)
Thank You Notes Written: 8


0 comments!:

Post a Comment