Sunday, November 18, 2012

Must Sleep Now

I apologize for the quick and un-formatted blog but I cannot keep my eyes open a minute longer. Blame Rigoberta Menchu. She is amazing and inspiring and a Novel Laureate, I know, and I would definitely be interested in reading her stories about her life in Guatemala in its entirety. But alas, that day is not today. The sleep-deprived and beaten college student in me would very much like to sleep now please and thank you.

I will be back to revise and add on to this post tomorrow when I am wide awake. I have much to share! For now, consider me BEWTYful. Good night awesome people.


---
11/19 2:58pm ADD-ON!

Hey guys. Okay, I still feel tired. I don't know why but I'm hoping "One Night" can wake me up (which it usually does...it's about the only song that works now guys...). Okay, I need to make this fast because I have to go and meet Rebecca in the arch building so we can go to University Square to run errands. 

This weekend was extremely fun because I spent most of it at Camp Erdman in Waialua. It was for the Relay for Life retreat and not only was it a great experience but it was also a good way to kick-off our committee's work. We did an Amazing Race (which was a clue-scavenger-type thing around camp) and we also did the Odyssey Ropes Challenge. It was a bit like the Timberline ropes only way more intense. We were about 35-40 feet up in the air and when we weren't standing on planks or logs, we were in the ropes. I'm counting the entire thing as a risk guys so I can finally add one more! Also, zip-lining down. Guys. Zip-lining all the way down. We also had a dance and games and we watched Magic Mike. The point was to do a mini-Relay for Life event where everyone is supposed to stay up all night. But no one made it. I conked out after the movie at around 2:30ish. We didn't get back until almost 1pm on Sunday afternoon.

Relay for Life is a fundraising event that takes place in April for the American Cancer Society. It's basically an all-nighter out in the track and field where registered teams have to walk around the track all night (members take turns and switch off) in order to show their support and raise money for cancer. At the same time, there will be dancing, games, prizes, food, and more fun stuff so that NO ONE SLEEPS AT ALL. There will also be special ceremonies to celebrate and honor not only those who have passed but also those who have survived and those who are still fighting. Anyway, I joined the Relay for Life committee which is the committee that plans and puts on the entire thing. And I'm excited! I'm on the publicity committee. Like I said, EXCITED! (Kendall, from what I heard, UW is a HUGE school for Relay. Like, it's a big deal. Like, people apply and choose to go to UW just because they wanna be part of their Relay for Life committee! You should form or join a team and do it!)

Okay, I gotta go get ready to meet Rebecca over at Upper Campus. 

Bye guys!

Risks: 33 (BOOMSHAKALAKA! That was my team's cheer throughout the ropes course...)
Hugs: 0
Current food obsessions/cravings: none...so full...
Playlists on Repeat: One Night on endless loop
Books Read Since Graduation: 6

0 comments!:

Post a Comment