Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I WANT TO CUT MY HAIR

I've made it a tradition of mine for years now to cut my hair every summer and leave it to grow over the school year. Since I started attending 'Iolani, getting my annual haircut after my last exam of the year has become more of a liberation thing--doing away with the past and getting ready for a new (and really hot) summer.


Except this year. 


Um, I wanna go to the playground so I'll come back and finish this later.


----


All right, I'm back. As I was saying, sadly I'm NOT going to cut my hair as a symbolic way to wave goodbye to junior year and welcome summer this year. I'm going to schedule my senior portrait over the summer (so I won't have to worry about it once school starts), and I'm gonna need long hair for that. But I will cut my hair IMMEDIATELY after the last photo has been taken (or maybe I'll wait until the pictures come out, first, just to be safe . . .)!


I REALLY WANT TO CUT IT ASAP. I've been wearing it up for most of these past couple of months because it just gets so heavy and gross (when it's humid) and irritating and ugh I just want to chop it all off. I have the thickest hair in my family. My mom and my sister both have really thin hair, so even if my sister's hair is as long as mine, my hair still has more volume. 


I've been playing with the idea of sporting a boyish 'do but I haven't really gotten a very enthusiastic response from those whom I asked. They don't think I can pull it off. But I used to wear my hair really short when I was little because I used to be very tomboyish and it gets really HOT in the Philippines any time of the year. I'm talking Demi Moore from Ghost kind of boy hair. Need a visual? Click here! Okay, maybe just a tad bit longer than that, but you get the general idea.


Anyway, YES, I am finally DONE with finals! *HAPPY DANCE*


I still have SAT Subject Tests this Saturday, but those will be all right. I'm not worried.


My summer does not OFFICIALLY start until June 5 (the day after graduation). I have exactly 78 days of summer if I count June 5 as Day 1. 78 DAYS TO MAKE THIS THE BEST SUMMER EVER!


Today....
I really loved...playground time!
I smiled because...I'm done with finals (finally!).
Lyrics playing at this very moment as I type this portion of the blog:
"...And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...."
Friend of the day: Um, his last name is Smith, but I forgot his first name . . . 
Hours of sleep last night: 8


--Jen :)

0 comments!:

Post a Comment