Sunday, June 5, 2011

Cropsey gave me babies.....

What is up with me and the last minute postings? I really need to get better at blogging throughout the week. Since it's summer, maybe I will be able to do that, but not really since summer school starts in a week. (Yay.) Notice how that "Yay" didn't have an exclamation point. Yup. 


Anyways, I was looking around my room and I saw my HP DH Part 1 calendar on my wall that was just very recently opened up to June. This month, it has some pictures of Xenophilious (did I spell that right? [Jen-edit: No, but close--Xenophilius]) Lovegood, and the Trio's trip to his house. It reminded me of the Deathly Hallows and how there have been tons of pictures of the Hallows on tumblr recently. It just got me thinking about how I never really understood why J.K. decided to use the Deathly Hallows. 


I mean, I get what they are, how they are used, and I understand their importance, but why? The book is already driven by so many other things. It wasn't like the other books that needed a new plot point to be introduced, just to have a story. Hallows or no Hallows, they would have had to go off to find Horcruxes and kill Voldemort. So why were the Hallows necessary? 


The Invisibility Cloak didn't really need a back story, the Resurrection Stone was nice in the end, but no where near necessary, and the Elder Wand seemed to have come from no where. Now I'm not complaining. I do like the aspect of the Hallows and the interesting plot points that they bring, I just don't see why she had to include them in the first place. She could have easily tied up loose ends in other ways that weren't as random. Either way though, the book was fantastic, regardless of the awesome yet random story inclusions. 


Yup. Anyways, I watched the mid-series finale of Doctor Who last night after graduation. Freaking Moffat. Again, Mo-effed. I took an extra SAT subject test just for funsies yesterday--that was a party. I ate some food. Yup. 


Awkward Moments: 29
Pages Read: 1121
Why Today Was Awesome: Crazy Circles 
Something I Learned: [Jen-edit: Nothing?!]
Song Stuck in My Head: Falcor the Urinator...........
Email Subject of the Day: "please tell me you haven't PRINTED anything yet!" (From Jen to me June 5th, 2010) Although something more interesting happened when I was looking for an old email from June 5th. I saw around the 7th that I sent an email to Jen with the subject line "Cropsey gave me babies through the Costco food court window..." 'Nuff said.  

0 comments!:

Post a Comment