Sunday, September 15, 2013

this is going to be here

I will be back before I sleep tonight I promise!

-----

September 17, 12:01AM ADD-ON

So earlier today, I was on the phone with Kendall and he was all, "Oh hey I like how last night you were like, "Gonna come back to write this post before I sleep!"....and then you went to sleep..."

So here I am! I swear. Kendall is such a good friend to me, he can make me do anything just by making me feel guilty because one of the reasons why I blog and continue to want to update and keep this tradition that we now have alive is because of Kendall. Kerms is a lermy little friend. 

Anyway, I was telling him that I took a risk this week and I would not have been able to do it without his (and Mr. U's) help. And to some, it might not seem like it was a big deal, but it was for me. So today, I told Kendall, "Thank you! You don't know why I am thanking you just yet, but you will soon! I will blog about it!"

So here I am. 

Okay, so on Friday, I was supposed to finish at 5pm instead of 6pm because Congress was not in session, there were no votes scheduled for that day. But unforeseen circumstances forced me to go to two (instead of the one that I had origianlly planned to attend) staff briefings in one day, which meant I had to write two memos. I was in the middle of writing the first memo when I was told to go to a second one. So I had to go to that (it was a call-in for about an hour and fifteen minutes), which meant I did not finish my first memo until 6pm on Friday in the office and I still had yet to do the second memo.

Anyway, I met up with Guthrie on Friday, we found a place that had Filipino food at reasonable prices (YESSSSS) at Union Station and then we, of course, talked and talked and talked. We generally like to do that a lot. And it isn't even really like talking. It is more like yelling because we are really loud and we just wanna be heard man...anyway...I mentioned that I wanted to see the Capitol all lit up at night because I had never been on the Hill at night before. So after dinner we went to Georgetown Law's campus and "snuck" into the law library (I didn't have a Georgetown ID, we just talked to the nice security guard lady) just to wait for it to get really dark. Then we headed to the west lawn of the Capitol where we could just sit on the veranda and look up at the Capitol's bright white marble dome. Then we walked down the National Mall all the way to the Washington Monument, then to the World War II Memorial, walked aroudn the Tidal Basin, went to visit Thomas Jefferson, FDR, then the MLK memorial, then to the White House. It was a lot of walking. But it was really cool to see everything at night. It had a different feel--a good, surreal, reverent feeling. After that, Guthrie basically rode the metro with me because I am still pretty scared of it, especially at night, and especially when I am by myself, and especially more so when I am by myself at night.

Anyway, that was the Friday adventure. 

On Saturday, I went to a party. And I will blog about it in a bit. But for now. Sleep.


Risks Taken: 57
Books Read Since Graduation: 10 
Thank You Notes Written: 15


0 comments!:

Post a Comment