Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's That New Year Blog Thing Again! 2014

Two thousand fourteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

Things from The List Completed in 2013
P4A 2013 (For the video: BigBrotherBigSister and for more info on the charity: bbbs.org)
BEDA(ugust) and BEDA(pril) 2013! (Jen's first ever LEGIT YEAR of BEDA!) 

Go to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Orlando Florida! 

Things We Added to The List in 2013
Ooh, I didn't even notice that. We didn't add anything (again...)!

Things that Never Happened...Until 2013 Happened

I WENT TO DC WHAT EVEN

Also I have a boyfriend now (Ooh, this came second to DC?)
Doctor Who 50th Anniversary??

Nerdfighter-ish Things from 2013
Project 4 Awesome 2013 (Success! We were together again for this one too!)
NaNoWriMo 2013 (Neither of us really finished, but, it was really good for both of us!)


2013 Was the Year Of...
NEW

Reflection
Craziness
Risks
Friendship
Change

This year, we got a total of 13,942 page views out of our total 50,476 page views. Oh and we hit 50,000 views!!!! Like, that's pretty freaking cool if you ask me. 


Last year I wrote about how 2013, to me, felt like "A Year of Good." A that point, I didn't really know if that meant I would do a lot of good, or a lot of good would come my way, or that it would be just generally a good year. It was all three in a sense, I think, as I look back on it.

I think compared to what Kendall and I accomplished during our first year in college, what we did in the fall semester during the latter half of 2013 was better--we made an effort to meet as regularly as possible and decided on the projects we wanted to do together, little things that made us smile because we were making others smile, random acts of kindness. Interning on the Hill, I think, is also another form of good to the world, though it may not seem like it at first (or at all, if you are one who distrusts and dislikes the government PERIOD). I have always thought that one of the biggest problems in society today is the indifference and apathy of youth. Being 19 and working on the Hill was sort of my little pebble in the landslide necessary to solving that problem. It was ironic because when I got on the Hill, I realized just by looking around just how YOUNG the people who are helping to run government really are. All of these mid-20s to late-30s men and women who work as low-paid government workers? What reason would they have to stick around other than the fact that they really know this path can really allow them to make a difference? 

A lot of good came my way too this year. Like Kendall did, I stumbled upon my own amazing, fun, and genuinely good group of people with whom I instantly connected. Lots of fun times were had and are waiting to be had. Lots of laughter and mishaps and long nights and ridiculous texts and inappropriate jokes and delicious terribly puns and so much more. I have no adequate words to describe what I feel for these people--and I am still getting to know all of them! I also fell in love this year surprisingly, out of the purple, and I am still falling and falling. It is going great. Despite all the stuff that happen that can put a damper on my day, this feeling that I have makes me believe that life is still amazing. I also had wonderful opportunities in DC--hard to come by experiences that were only made possible by the people I met, the work I was doing, the city I was in. I am so incredibly blessed.

Overall, I do think it was a good year. It was a year full of change. I keep telling myself and Kendall that "I need to get my life together" whenever I admit to missing episodes of Vlogbrothers or not being up to date on what YouTube stars are up to or not having even touched Tumblr in months, and that sort of thing, but, I mean, I am slowly starting to realize that maybe I don't really mean that anymore. What I am trying to say is that my life has changed and so the life that I am talking about when I say "I need to get my life together" isn't really my life anymore. And so it doesn't make sense for me to put it together because it no longer exists, or at least not the same exact one. I am not saying that I do not value what I used to do, what I used to love and what I used to watch and geek out over. Things change and people roll with it. I still believe the same things--I just now have different priorities and have different ways of expressing and conveying my beliefs. I am learning new things, adopting new habits and ways of thinking, being more and more perceptive to other viewpoints. 

As clear as it was to me that 2013 would be a year of "good," 2014 seems to me like a blank canvas. A sense of "anything is possible" washes over me because I can literally look at a 2014 calendar and think, "What in the world is going to happen this year?" and not have a clue! I don't have a single clue! Nothing! It is all white and blank and empty! Nevertheless, onward! We do what we do--we do our best. And I am really excited and fearful about that, but that's ok. It means I care about what will happen--and caring is the first step to making something awesome.

So my summary of 2013 is going to come to you in list form. This aren't in any particular order, but there will be 10 of them as the most important things that happened to me in 2013.

1) I finished my first year of college. Successfully at that. 
2) I made a brand new group of friends that showed me a lot about myself and the world that I didn't know before.
3) My family and I lost my dog (who I had since I was three) and my aunt.
4) I met a number of people who I looked up to and it meant a lot to me to finally meet them (Vlogger Fair and twenty one pilots).
5) I finally learned how to accept myself and came out to not only myself but the world.
6) I went to a lot of concerts and kind of became obsessed with the whole idea of live performances.
7) I found and fell in love with my new favorite thing of all time, twenty one pilots. 
8) I traveled to California with Jaime and had a crazy fun time.
9) I made YouTube videos and other original creations that I am generally proud of. 
10) I've had the most fun I've had in a while and while 2013 was great, I KNOW that 2014 is going to be so much better. 



0 comments!:

Post a Comment