Monday, February 11, 2013

If There's Any Kind of Magic in This World

Yes, yes, yes, I know, I know. How dare I forget to post right? I wrote it down on my To-Do List last night, too. But then there was Sherlock and Rebecca's door and SLEEP. I apologize.

Anyway, I remembered out of the purple earlier today. It hit me like, to borrow a phrase from Kendall, "like a metaphorical football" in the middle of my communicology lecture, and I was just, "GAH WHAT WHY FKASUFIASKAJSF." Inside my head, of course. 

Last week was also a busy and "cray" week for me, though not for the same reasons as Kendall. I am very sorry to hear about your aunt, Kerms, and I hope that your mom and her family are okay. These are dark times, there is no denying. And I mean that not in the same way that Scrimgeour did but with the same message: sticking together is important.

Anyway, yes, my week was cray because there were lots of things due. Just a result of college professors getting together at secret cult meetings, chuckling their evil laughs and being all, "Hmm, so when are you having your first paper due eh? I shall make my class turn in their problem sets the same day! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!" Except that's not really what happens. It's life, instead, that happens. So, yes, lots of stuff due which meant lots of late almost-sleepless nights up on the study lounge on the roof and late dinners and snacks and lots of (fail) tea and, um, music that I don't usually listen to just so that we could stay awake. 

So this weekend was very much lounge-oriented for the most part. At least, I tried to just sit on the couch and watch mindless TV and play Words With Friends for as much as I could. And I slept in both days until, like, 9:30 in the morning, which is usually criminal for me. But I really needed to make up for the stressful week. 

I also did my taxes for the first time! It was easy and painless but that's because I had to pay a little over $40 for it to be easy and painless. But whatever. 

I also ran into a couple of friends on Sunday when my sister and I were waiting for our ride at a McDonald's. Just super random but it was good. Not awkward and good. It's always good to see your past in the faces of others. It reassures us that we have lived before, yes, and yet  here we are, doing the same thing, but hopefully with newfound wisdom and maturity, and that we should be very thankful for that. Also, people bring feels with them wherever you go. I'm sure I bring feels around with me too, and that's good because, again, we are reminded of what we used to feel and what we used to think and how we used to live. And remembering is good. Anyway, yeah, it brought me back to lots of things and I got to thinking (and you know how scattered I get when I start, um, thinking...). I am glad, bottom line.

Okay, that's enough for now. I hope I've made up for my irresponsibility. 

Risks: 38
Books Read: 7 (GAH ALMOST 8 I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT I CAN DO IT)Thank You Notes Written: 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment