Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lovin' This Playlist On Repeat

Last week, I said that I was gonna talk more about the leadership sleepover...but I actually don't have much more to say other than 1) repeat and stress that it was awesome and crazy tiring-fun and 2) say that I had never before realized just how much guys ate. I mean, I know the stereotypical male eats a lot more than the stereotypical female. But I'm not exactly the stereotypical female when it comes to food--ask anyone and they'll tell you that I CAN EAT. I loves me my foods, man. When it comes to eating, compared to other girls, I'm a guy. But compared to guys (well, compared to Mr. U, Mr. S, Barnesie, Pinocchs, and Kendall), I am...a GIRL. It was...eye-opening. Ish? I'm not saying it's a bad thing (of course, not, I love food!), I'm just saying that I had never before realized this nugget of truth. We all sat in one table during dinner and I did not feel any guilt at all going back for seconds. Because I was surrounded by guys with SO MUCH FOOD. That is all on that matter.


Next, BEDF! I was reminded by Kendall's blog post below that we're blogging every day in February about our 29 Gifts Challenge. Fun stuff.


For the past two weeks, I've been helping out as a tour guide for Admissions Saturdays in school. I love tour guiding because I like talking about my school. And I love kids, though the prospective students are not that young. The youngest I've toured were probably 10. But I always get the weird questions. Last week, a kid asked me if the cafeteria served either wheat or white bread. I said, "BOTH." She seemed very happy with that answer. 


And, of course, TFiOS. *humongous sigh* There were so many emotions. It was (yes, I'm about to be really cliché here) a rollercoaster of emotions. But that's exactly what it was all about--it was a book about suckish lungs, metaphorical resonances, capital-G great books, zombie video games, church basement gatherings, misuses of literality, Venn diagram jokes, human oblivion, and so much more. And underneath and over and through it all is the complex, painful and heart-wrenching but beautiful idea that is human consciousness that ties all of these seemingly random things together into one big ball of emotions that can't help but spill out of your very pores as you turn the pages. Every one of you (unless you are Ron Weasley and have the emotional range of a teaspoon) should read The Fault in Our Stars. There is only one reason why Kendall and I and so many other nerdfighters love this book, why John wrote it in the first place, and why it even exists: because we are all human.


Risks taken: 12 
Hugs: 1
Current food cravings/obsessions: pudding
Playlist(s) of the Week: "World, Thy Name is Beauty" 

0 comments!:

Post a Comment