Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Letter to Myself 2016

Well, it's that time of year again, time for the 5th annual letter to myself... 

Dear Kendall (April 27, 2017),

This is the 5th time I'm writing a letter to myself, that's crazy to me. Every year I go back and read over the previous letters and it's so funny to see the progress. But also, It's a good reminder of everything that happened that year. A common theme I talk about is change. I think that's something I'm weary of, I don't know, I'm scared of it, but also excited by it, but not excited enough to embrace it sometimes, you know? That's something that's changed this past year.

I can't help but find it hilarious that last's years letter was written on the day it was, it was the day a big part of my life changed, I realized that I still had to write the letter late that night and just laughed because I knew I wasn't in the right mindspace to write a letter, but I did it. But here I am, a year later and so much has changed and happened, that day seems like a different lifetime. This past year was easily the most insane, new, crazy, scary year of my life. I did so many new and exciting things. I taught, I went on a trip through Asia, I did the college program, I moved on my own, I got two new jobs, and so many things in between. And while I'm still not 100% sure where I'm going and that is something that scares me a lot, I think that it will be alright. 

Here I sit as a college senior and you are going to read this letter in a year, a year into this whole thing called adulthood. I don't know where you'll be. I don't know what you'll be doing. I don't know anything about 2017 Kendall and honestly, that's kind of exciting. There are so many possibilities for the future. You've spent the past 4 years perfecting who you are, it's time for you to go out into the world and be. Be the Kendall who've I've wanted to see spread his greatness throughout the world. Be the Kendall who will change lives and make magic and do good for those around you and those not. There's so many possibilities and opportunities, there's no way you can choose wrong. 

So as a Kendall who is a year younger, all I can ask of you is to do what's right and to have fun while doing it. As long as you keep that in mind this year, there's no way things can go wrong. Until next year.

Three Peace and Love,
Kendall (April 27, 2016)

0 comments!:

Post a Comment