Friday, April 27, 2018

If She Breathes

This blog's main purpose is officially to just house my yearly letters to myself. I'm cool with it. 

Dear Kendall (April 27, 2019), 

Listen y'all, this is the SEVENTH letter that you have written to yourself. Let that just sink in for a second. Either way here we are. We got a lot to discuss! Last year you recapped the past 6 years and it was so great, I loved it. But now especially, there is a lot happening in the next year so let's talk about it. 

When you are reading this in 2019, I don't know where you will be. I mean that in so many ways. Physically, where are you? In an apartment in California? On the streets cause you're broke and homeless? Back home cause you left? Or maybe just somewhere else out in the world? Regardless of where you are, I'm happy for you because you are doing it. 

I know you could never forget where you are but let's talk about right now. I don't know if you've ever been as happy as you are now. You are surrounded by so many people you love and everyday you are just embracing yourself and letting others in. This experience has been unlike any other and it really has changed so much for me and I love it. But also that's why I had to leave. 

Here's the real tea if you're ready, I think that I feel a need to sabotage myself. Like things are so good right now, but I want it to go wrong. For my whole life, I've been doing what I've thought I am supposed to do. Making the decisions that were set up for me that seemed right. But I've never actually had to make any hard choices. So I want to put myself in a place where I have to make choices. I know this makes no sense and is ridiculous, but this year I've been more and more reckless and I think that's why. I know it's probably not a good thing, but like, we doin it and who knows what will happen. I think that part excites me. 

There are some big things ahead for you in the immediate future and I'm so excited, but also I'm excited for now. I'm excited for who you have been, who you are, and who you will be. I know I say this to everyone but I mean this to you the most, thank you for being you. That's all I could ask for. 

With Three Peace and Love,
Kendall (April 27, 2018)

0 comments!:

Post a Comment