Thursday, December 31, 2015

We've Got No Time for Getting Old; Mortal Body Timeless Soul

It's New Years Eve. Guys. 2015 is over. When did that happen. A lot happened this year and I don't even know. This year there was a lot of trial and error. I failed. Kind of a lot. But I also succeeded. Way more than I ever have. Literally, the most happened this year. I tore it up while I was at school this year. I taught classes this year. I felt the love of the SPO family more than ever. I went to Asia and had my first real international adventure and it was incredible. I started working for Disney and spent 4 month of my life at one of the most amazing places in the world. I became close to so many new and great people. The other day, I was thinking about what I'm doing when I get back to school and how I'm nervous about doing something new and I had THAT feeling inside me. But then I thought. Wait. This feeling is familiar. That's the feeling I felt when I went to Texas by myself Spring Break. That's the feeling I felt when I drove up to school in my fancy teacher clothes knowing that I was stepping foot on that familiar campus as something completely different than ever before. That's the feeling I felt when I got off the plane in Seoul. That's the feeling I felt when I got to Disney. That's the feeling I felt on my first day off training not knowing what to do. That's the feeling I felt going into a relationship for the first time. This year was completely full of fear and not knowing what's going to happen. So when I was thinking about the future and felt that feeling, I realized that I've gotten past that. New things can be scary. We can internalize that fear and let it consume us or we can use it. Let it empower us. New things are scary, but then they become familiar and comfortable. I'm ready for what's coming next. I may know less about what I'm doing then I did before. I may be an even bigger mess than ever before. I may have no clue where I'm going. But I'm ready. I'm ready for the unknown. I'm ready for the future.
Last year, I said 
"I know that this is cliche and it's what everyone says about every year, but 2015 is it. It's THE year. I don't know why yet, but I know. And I kind of have to too. If I think 2015 is going to be a crap year, am I really giving it a chance to be great? No. 2015 is going to be the year. My year. And I can't wait for it."
This is so true. 2015 was what I made of it and I made it the best. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. 2015 was THE year. But now, it's 2016's turn. And it will be THE year. Again. But better. So here's to whatever 2016 brings. Here's to the mess. Here's to the adventures. Here's to the ups and the downs and the food. I know this whole blog thing has kind of become extinct, but I find comfort knowing that this is here and it will continue to be here. So thank you fam. For this year. For every year before. And every year to come. 

<3 Kendall

0 comments!:

Post a Comment